• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROUND 4 : Contest

338 posts in this topic

Next time you can make a grading contest and we will see how you do things, you 893censored-thumb.gif insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Oh! So close! But I'm sorry, you wont be allowed in to the JC fan club with that attempt. Good luck next time. thumbsup2.gif

Next time you can make a grading contest and we will see how you do things, you 893censored-thumb.gif insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

Maybe I will, and it will be quite satisfying to see the weenies all cry when I lay the Iron Fist of Justice down on their petty infractions!! When you show weakness in conflict, you lose the power to enforce.

Don't like the disqualification, eh? How's a -1 demerit for "crying about your punishment like a baby" suit ya? makepoint.gif

Agreed. As I said earlier, it's not the penalty that bothers me,

Well, you are assuming the grade is a 9.0 and there will even be a penalty.

So you are saying that we should be penalized regardless... especially since we didn't know that a grade hadn't been submitted?

Like those folks in round 2 that were warned for being late and knew they'd get disqualified for not providing a grade?

Unlike OldGuy and Zipper, I'm not about to let this drop.

While I agree that the rules have been too fluid, I also don't like being the one who has the honor of catching the enforcement crackdown (since that is usually where I end up being... getting kind of tired of it, don't ya know....)

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Well it's not quite like the joke about the guy who was accused of beastial necrophilia . . . "Sorry Judge, I didn't know the cat was dead, when I was f***ing it...

(but close!) 27_laughing.gif

As I said, I just don't like being where the buck stops.... especially when it isn't a buck... sorry.gif

Maybe I will, and it will be quite satisfying to see the weenies all cry when I lay the Iron Fist of Justice down on their petty infractions!! When you show weakness in conflict, you lose the power to enforce.

Don't like the disqualification, eh? How's a -1 demerit for "crying about your punishment like a baby" suit ya? makepoint.gif

Actually, believe it or not, I'd prefer superstrict enforcement. thumbsup2.gif

The rest of this just distracts from the whole thing...

Oh! So close! But I'm sorry, you wont be allowed in to the JC fan club with that attempt. Good luck next time. thumbsup2.gif

And you be sure to get your Mommy to pin a reminder on your coat, so that you don't forget to send in the grade next time. thumbsup2.gif

And you be sure to get your Mommy to pin a reminder on your coat, so that you don't forget to send in the grade next time. thumbsup2.gif

It wasn't my job to send in the grade . makepoint.gif

Today Johnny(Fan-Boy-Comic-Geek-CGC-Loving) Anybody logs on to Collectors' Society

Message Boards. He looks into Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues(..hey heres a way

for me to gain some usefull information ). Starts reading ROUNG 4 Contest, after 12 pages,

he think( 893censored-thumb.gif) this is some 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif man.

Now ask yourself , (this will be hard, because we all want to be friends here,well most do)

what does this look like to an OUTSIDER ????

Today Johnny(Fan-Boy-Comic-Geek-CGC-Loving) Anybody logs on to Collectors' Society

Message Boards. He looks into Comic Book Grading and Restoration Issues(..hey heres a way

for me to gain some usefull information ). Starts reading ROUNG 4 Contest, after 12 pages,

he think( 893censored-thumb.gif) this is some 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif man.

Now ask yourself , (this will be hard, because we all want to be friends here,well most do)

Every time I try to get OUT . . .They keep PULLIN' me back IN!

Newt Newt Newt Newt Newt....newt.

Newt insane.gif

Welcome to the grading ZOO! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I use my magic eightball to grade my comics.

8.5?

(shakes magic eight ball)

NO!!!!

8.0?

ask again later!!!!!

(Has a couple drinks)

8.0?

NOOOOO!!!!!!

9.0?

ALL SIGNS POINT TO YES!!!!!

hmmmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ummmm... my 7-year old twins? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do I get half a point for that? tongue.gif

Newt Newt Newt Newt Newt....newt.

Newt insane.gif

Welcome to the grading ZOO! 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

I use my magic eightball to grade my comics.

8.5?

NO!!!!

8.0?

ask again later!!!!!

(Has a couple drinks)

8.0?

NOOOOO!!!!!!

9.0?

ALL SIGNS POINT TO YES!!!!!

hmmmmm 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Ah yes, tis a poor craftsman who blames his tools . . .

So what are you planning on whining about next?

Actually, I believe I'm right in this case, and I'm sure the majority of the board agrees.

If someone breaks the rules, they're out that round. No whining, no person_without_enough_empathying, no pizzing, you're gone. Too bad, so sad.

Put that to a vote, and you might be surprised at the verdict.

I agree with JC! based on my experiences with Fantasy Football the games start and the starting line up has to be in or go with your last start in this case that being there last guess so if you want to grade the next book and its your same grade no need to PM you want the same grade so it carrys over!

Davidking623