• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Oh, geez...what have I done?!? lol

OK, as of now, I only have the letter files for issues 2 and 3. I will make an announcement as soon as I have the rest of them, and then I can take all comers (unless you only have pages from 2 and 3, in which case...you are in luck!).

I'm also not sure about this comment, "it leads into the events that occur in Rat Queens #1." Leads in how, exactly...?!?

And this one, "Also, note that print run for this book is extremely low compared to Rat Queens #1; book was given out at the 2013 Image Expo Convention. "

I'm pretty sure the preview print run was pretty damn high. You don't print a preview for a whole slate of new books and then not distribute them in mass quantity.

I would agree Court, you would think they printed a boat load of these. I would still think the market will demand #1 the book to have, along with the Stapes variant......but what the heck do I know.......

I'm also not sure about this comment, "it leads into the events that occur in Rat Queens #1." Leads in how, exactly...?!?

And this one, "Also, note that print run for this book is extremely low compared to Rat Queens #1; book was given out at the 2013 Image Expo Convention. "

I'm pretty sure the preview print run was pretty damn high. You don't print a preview for a whole slate of new books and then not distribute them in mass quantity.

All true. I was curious as to how there are only 16 copies on the census and 12 of them (!!!) are 9.8 SS series.. Ive never seen anything like this. But congrats to the seller! (i guess)

I guess on the other hand, it's quite possible that many got tossed. Who knows how many are out there?

I will say this, though: I certainly consider it to be a first appearance, now that we know those 5 pages are not just a preview of issue 1, but an original story not found elsewhere. That is very hard to dispute.

Well, the scene can be read as a prologue to the beginning of Rat Queens #1. Hannah wakes up the morning after an all night bar fight/bender. Next thing we see, in #1, it's her and the rest of the Rat Queens finishing off an all night bar fight/bender. I assumed when I read them that these two events were connected and that the opening scene in Rat Queens #1 was picking up shortly after the Image What's Next story left off - same morning, same bar fight being continued.

It's hardly essential to understanding the story, though.

Edited by Crimebuster

That SS blank of all 4 is awesome hm

Just listed a couple killer SS books from the secret stash - leftovers from NYCC. Will be interesting to see how they do. ;)

I would agree Court, you would think they printed a boat load of these. I would still think the market will demand #1 the book to have, along with the Stapes variant......but what the heck do I know.......

I agree with this too.. If this book grows exponentially and blows up when the show airs, #1 will be the popular and easiest flip... The only exception would probably be the sketch variant which has an extreme low print run... Kinda like Gobbledygook 1... Wait, I didnt just compare RQ to TMNT did I?