• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Read on another site that the Image What's Next preview book actually had a stand alone story of Rat Queens; a story that is not in the comics versus a preview of issue #1. Can anyone with a copy confirm?

I don't have one, but I would think it would probably just be the 5-page story at the end of issue 1...? This was originally planned to be the first five pages of issue 1, but Kurtis rewrote the beginning, and this was then added as a supplemental short story at the end of issue 1.

I don't see this 5 page story you're talking about in my copies of #1. My copies of #1 have a five page preview for Drumhellar at the end.

I assume the 5 page story you're referring to that was originally supposed to be the opening of the comic is the 5-page Hannah story posted online as a preview, which I linked to earlier. But this story is not printed in the copies of #1 I have.

Ah, OK - sorry, that's correct. I remembered seeing them in color (as posted online), and that the original art for those pages was numbered as issue 1. Didn't realize that they actually ended up in "What's New" rather than issue 1. Thanks for clarifying!

Hmmmm wonder how many there will be in cheap bins at Wizardworld this weekend from people who aren't up to date on the market swing

Less than you may think.

I checked an LCS that normally doesn't sell out of anything Image...no Rat Queens to be found.

I may have to trade some #1s to get some 2-5s. Crazy

Edited by krighton

Hey Chuck,

Yes, sales have picked up a bit...but then, sales on the OA have been steadily increasing with each issue. Of 137 total pages in issues 1-6, only 39 of them are left (and a few of those are now on hold). Art sales have certainly been brisk. ;)

Asked the (soon to be) wife to check out a few LCS that are over across the bridge in rural Southern Illinois while I was at work. She found a complete #1 - #5 run w/ variants (no staples #1 though) and a few extra #2, 3, 4 Reg covers. :)

Hey Chuck,

Yes, sales have picked up a bit...but then, sales on the OA have been steadily increasing with each issue. Of 137 total pages in issues 1-6, only 39 of them are left (and a few of those are now on hold). Art sales have certainly been brisk. ;)

I'm hoping to be reaching out to you before too long about a page from Roc as well :applause:

Asked the (soon to be) wife to check out a few LCS that are over across the bridge in rural Southern Illinois while I was at work. She found a complete #1 - #5 run w/ variants (no staples #1 though) and a few extra #2, 3, 4 Reg covers. :)

:applause: