• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

Maybe it's just me but I think quite a few people kinda just expected a number of Image titles would either stall or finish early but probably didn't think it was worht voicing it much. There's what 3 or 4 image titles in the top 100 that are in double digits? That's not to say there aren't any long running current ongoing series... Walking Dead, Saga, Invincible, Revival (hats off to Seeley and Norton that's good going), etc... however it's plain to see at the outset they are putting out indie books with a small creative team so they aren't all going to run like clockwork and they aren't all going to finish.

I know. It is like when I go see an indie film, and it finishes 20 minutes before the end.

Not the same at all.

Maybe it's just me but I think quite a few people kinda just expected a number of Image titles would either stall or finish early but probably didn't think it was worht voicing it much. There's what 3 or 4 image titles in the top 100 that are in double digits? That's not to say there aren't any long running current ongoing series... Walking Dead, Saga, Invincible, Revival (hats off to Seeley and Norton that's good going), etc... however it's plain to see at the outset they are putting out indie books with a small creative team so they aren't all going to run like clockwork and they aren't all going to finish.

I know. It is like when I go see an indie film, and it finishes 20 minutes before the end.

Not the same at all.

From the perspective of a consumer, it is the same. If PP never finishes, then I have had a very incomplete experience as an entertainment consumer. I spent my time and money reading 23 issues of a book that was slated for 25 issues. I have had a very incomplete experience. Of course, it is not the same from a production stand point.

Not the same at all.

From the perspective of a consumer, it is the same. If PP never finishes, then I have had a very incomplete experience as an entertainment consumer. I spent my time and money reading 23 issues of a book that was slated for 25 issues. I have had a very incomplete experience. Of course, it is not the same from a production stand point.

If you paid per 15 minutes of a movie, maybe. But, you don't, so no, not the same.

Not the same at all.

If you paid per 15 minutes of a movie, maybe. But, you don't, so no, not the same.

So, you are saying that I have had a complete experience as a entertainment consumer, or that I should adopt a post-modern perspective and exalt in the glory of the experience and not be concerned about the fact the story just stopped. I should be happy with the process of buying 23 issues and reading those issues: that each one of those issues is an entertainment experience unto to itself. Am I overly focused on wanting closure?

Not the same at all.

So, you are saying that I have had a complete experience as a entertainment consumer, or that I should adopt a post-modern perspective and exalt in the glory of the experience and not be concerned about the fact the story just stopped. I should be happy with the process of buying 23 issues and reading those issues: that each one of those issues is an entertainment experience unto to itself. Am I overly focused on wanting closure?

Practice patience, young padawan. KW said PP was happening.

Panzerfaust IS happening. We had to take a break because there was NO money in it. How was Tyler supposed to support his family on $300 an issue? I'm making the finale happen by funding it myself. I'm committed to finishing that series.

You're getting closure. Just relax, breathe, enjoy the intermission.

Not the same at all.

Practice patience, young padawan. KW said PP was happening.

Panzerfaust IS happening. We had to take a break because there was NO money in it. How was Tyler supposed to support his family on $300 an issue? I'm making the finale happen by funding it myself. I'm committed to finishing that series.

You're getting closure. Just relax, breathe, enjoy the intermission.

(thumbs u

For being one of the most fun and down to earth writers contributing here on the boards....Wiebe gets a pass in my book.

Bring it back if you can Kurtis, you've got undeniable talent.

Whoever got this...

What a deal!

Eh....I paid a lot more than that for my blank cover issue.

:makepoint:

Yup great deal for the buyer.. I had it on my watchlist but missed it.. Dang

Sorry about that. I read the "what a deal!" as being sarcastic.

I'm a 26751927921_89a53e6e86_n.jpg

My first post to this forum, and ironically it's on the day that the last issue came out before the hiatus.

I've got mixed feelings about the new issue. It was fun, and funny. Very enjoyable. Tess Fowler seemed to be really hitting her stride on the art after 6 issues.

But on the sad side there's a cliff-hanger with no resolution in sight, and no indication when the book will be back. I feel really sorry for the art team, particularly Tess who was so emotionally invested in the job.

I hope this comic comes back sooner rather than later. Gonna miss it.

Edited by notriks