• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rat Queens - Kurtis J. Wiebe, Meg Dejmal, John Upchurch
2 2

1,617 posts in this topic

No no crack like I said my opinion like its never happened before it would be great if it had a smaller print but I herd of alot of smaller shops going a little larger than normal on this one

But obviously we are not all intitled to our own opinion here

I was responding to this:

"print runs lately have been of a large sort between 29k and 60 just my opinion "

which is factually incorrect.

You're entitled to your opinion, just like I'm entitled to point out that your opinion has no bearing in reality :thumbsup:

lol thanks for the reality check

and the last 3 books on that list look like pretty large print runs :slapfight:

No no crack like I said my opinion like its never happened before it would be great if it had a smaller print but I herd of alot of smaller shops going a little larger than normal on this one

But obviously we are not all intitled to our own opinion here

I was responding to this:

"print runs lately have been of a large sort between 29k and 60 just my opinion "

which is factually incorrect.

You're entitled to your opinion, just like I'm entitled to point out that your opinion has no bearing in reality :thumbsup:

lol thanks for the reality check

and the last 3 books on that list look like pretty large print runs :slapfight:

Sure - they're the outliers on a list where print runs, on average, come in at around 15-16k.

Saga, Lazarus, East of West, Ten Grand and Jupiter's Legacy all had massive pre-launch hype and A-list creators at the helm - Wiebe's profile has definitely increased with the success of PP, but he's nowhere near the draw of someone like BKV or Mark Millar.

that's it i am buying 30k myself just to prove my point lol

listen i understand your your opinion so maybe its nowhere near

50k still i don't it see it being 15k at all :baiting:

either way

I hope its a hit from what i see it looks like a fun read i will be at his table at comic con for this one (thumbs u

I don't buy too many variants but I decided to pull the trigger on a few #1's of this from DCBS. Alas, my order was allocated and I get none. :censored:

Wow none that's horrible I just remembered why I go to my local comic shop

I don't buy too many variants but I decided to pull the trigger on a few #1's of this from DCBS. Alas, my order was allocated and I get none. :censored:

Thats a bummer but if karma exists, you should have something positive on the way :grin:

Ya, like maybe Midtown will get back to me on the books I want to send back to them because they were ill packed.

:sumo:

Edited by gradejunky

Or maybe I'd actually sell something on ebay for once. I always just set my start price at the min. I'd take for it with free shipping. That way 1 bid= okay.

Lately I just don't sell shizzle with this method even at average selling prices.

Selling has changed a lot. Auctions worked better for me 10 or so years ago but no way would I do anything other than BIN. I think people get the urge to buy something and they want it now and are willing to pay to get it. I on the other buy auctions more often because I'm patient and more often than not, seem to get a better deal. 2c

Auctions were also better 10 years ago because eBay didn't feel entitled to your left nut in exchange for a little bit of bandwidth. I REALLY wish someone would legitimately challenge their market share. Their monopoly is squeezing the seller something fierce.

Auctions were also better 10 years ago because eBay didn't feel entitled to your left nut in exchange for a little bit of bandwidth. I REALLY wish someone would legitimately challenge their market share. Their monopoly is squeezing the seller something fierce.

+1

Selling has changed a lot. Auctions worked better for me 10 or so years ago but no way would I do anything other than BIN. I think people get the urge to buy something and they want it now and are willing to pay to get it. I on the other buy auctions more often because I'm patient and more often than not, seem to get a better deal. 2c

I rather put it up for auction than BIN. I see many BIN just not sell. Those Amazing Spiderman #678 variants seem to be up every month and no sale after no sale.

I rather put it up for auction than BIN. I see many BIN just not sell. Those Amazing Spiderman #678 variants seem to be up every month and no sale after no sale.

Thats because the sellers dont accurately price their book/books. If you see multiple ending auctions and BINs at around $20 and you put your book at $35 it aint gonna sell.

Edited by Fastballspecial

That is great news. It looked good to begin with but three very positive reviews doesn't hurt.

Posted up all four incentive covers for issues 2-5 and a bit of the character bio for each character on my blog:

http://kurtiswiebe.wordpress.com/2013/09/11/we-are-the-rat-queens/

And Comixology has all the webcomics and original five page comic up on their site all for free.

http://www.comixology.com/Rat-Queens-Preview/digital-comic/48000