• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Current Status of Movie/Television Shows Based on Comics.

65 posts in this topic

in limbo: Powers, Goon

Abandoned: Revival, Scud the Disposable Assassin

Abandoned now revived: Torso

How come Torso is now revived? Bendis once said the screenplay is not dead after it was dropped.

Chew is about a guy who eats people. Hannibal is about a serial killer that eats people. Then now, Torso is about the serial killer that chopped up peoples' bodies that terrorized Cleveland in 1930's. Abandoned Chew. Brought Hannibal back on the TV show after canceled. Torso was dropped and is now revived.

What a hilarious! :screwy:

Torso is interesting because it's a true story and features an aged Eliot Ness. Chew is just bizarre; who would they get to play Poyo?

in limbo: Powers, Goon

Abandoned: Revival, Scud the Disposable Assassin

Abandoned now revived: Torso

How come Torso is now revived? Bendis once said the screenplay is not dead after it was dropped.

Chew is about a guy who eats people. Hannibal is about a serial killer that eats people. Then now, Torso is about the serial killer that chopped up peoples' bodies that terrorized Cleveland in 1930's. Abandoned Chew. Brought Hannibal back on the TV show after canceled. Torso was dropped and is now revived.

What a hilarious! :screwy:

Torso is interesting because it's a true story and features an aged Eliot Ness. Chew is just bizarre; who would they get to play Poyo?

Toast my beer to Eliot Ness.

Chew? Poyo? Too much weird stuff methinks.

:makepoint:

Also toast to paperheart.

I have all Torso CGC SS (Brian Michael Bendis signed all) are highest on CGC. Just me and other collector on that set. Thanks for the head up!

I happened to be in Cleveland where I worked for two years and found Torso issues in Cleveland A-N-D Brian Michael Bendis was originally from Cleveland!!!

Eliot Ness and I are from Chi-Town!

(thumbs u

-Chew is abandoned by Showtime but the creators are pursuing an animated series based on Rob's art.

-Mind MGMT was picked up to be a movie (or three?) with Ridley Scott set to produce.

-Revival isn't abandoned by NBC? I thought ABC is just creating a similar show.

-The Sixth Gun already filmed a pilot. Feel like it should be in a different category than the optioned shows since it has a chance to make the fall lineup, which will be announced in a few weeks.

-Chew is abandoned by Showtime but the creators are pursuing an animated series based on Rob's art.

-Mind MGMT was picked up to be a movie (or three?) with Ridley Scott set to produce.

-The Sixth Gun already filmed a pilot. Feel like it should be in a different category than the optioned shows since it has a chance to make the fall lineup, which will be announced in a few weeks.

(May 13th 2013) :gossip:

I feel sick.

I feel sick. :sick:

:roflmao::sick: Fixed for you

I thought I heard that Tim Seeley's "Hack / Slash" was once slated for an adaptation.

I also thought that Josh Howard's "Dead @ 17" was potentially looked at. This is such a good series, I'd like to see the characters in new adventures more so than just an adaptation of the comic book storylines.

Also, I read that Andy Hartnell / J. Scott Campbell's "Danger Girl" has been on/off, optioned, expired, renewed, expired and given the runaround, and it was mentioned in a recent interview:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=44906

Are there any plans for "Danger Girl" in other media right now, like film, TV or videogames?

None of the above. "Danger Girl" was optioned for both TV and feature film projects, several times, but as of now, all of those rights have reverted back to us. We're really focused on the comic books now. If a cool opportunity comes up we'd certainly take another look at it.

I think that "Danger Girl" would be a really fun adventure film, but probably an even better serial TV show, since the original series had the whole "cliffhanger" theme, ending each issue leaving the reader in high anticipation for the next issue. It would make for great action/adventure television.

Powers is still viable

PP

Irredeemable Ant-Man

The Red Star

The Vault

Zombies Vs Robots

RIPD

No Place Like Home

etc etc

The only 'certain ones' appear to be Peter Panzerfaust and the Sixth Gun

I'd give good money that Powers gets made. Bendis keeps on keeping on.

Plus it's really very good.

At a hunch,I would say Uber would be worth keeping an eye on as well.

+1

Powers is awesome & has a format made for TV.

+1

Powers is awesome & has a format made for TV.

and a pilot that was made 3 years ago and never aired. (shrug)

Yeah and they have started to recast for another.

Or so Bendis says.

http://screenrant.com/fx-recast-reshoot-brian-bendis-powers-tv/

http://au.ign.com/articles/2013/01/10/fx-president-reveals-brian-bendis-powers-is-still-in-development-and-explains-plan-for-guillermo-del-toros-the-strain

Keep up old fellow!