• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Comic Book Day!

74 posts in this topic

I quit going to Free Comic Book Day a few years back. Lost interest once the stores started ink stamping the books with their store stamps. And then people started selling the unstamped ones for crazy prices. The whole thing just turned me off.

Tomorrow is my wife's Birthday. How do I convince her to stand in line at a comic shop on her B-Day? Any suggestions? hm

Perhaps give her a surprise gift that she would want?

I'm headed to the jewelry store today to get her gift (thumbs u

I am taking my 5 year old son to a couple of stores. He wants to pick up a couple of marvel action figures and I am going for some discounted back issues. Hopefully it wont be to crazy.

I am taking my 5 year old son to a couple of stores. He wants to pick up a couple of marvel action figures and I am going for some discounted back issues. Hopefully it wont be to crazy.

Hopefully :wishluck:

I've got 3 stores planned to go to. Have to wake up at the crack of dawn to be there when the first one opens at 11am. Can't wait!

You're going to 3 stores and waking up at dawn to get a few free comics? Not being rude, just curious as to why? Most can be had on eBay for a dollar each a couple of days after. Unless you know something i don't.

I really don't care about the free stuff. I don't even know if I will pick up the free stuff. I'm just going because of the sales/specials they are having.

I'm getting back home tonight anyway, so I would already be going to the first two just to "check in" and pick up back issues I need. I was also being sarcastic about waking up. I've got to get up at like 10am. Definitely not waking up that early for anything other than a Con.

I've got 3 stores planned to go to. Have to wake up at the crack of dawn to be there when the first one opens at 11am. Can't wait!

You're going to 3 stores and waking up at dawn to get a few free comics? Not being rude, just curious as to why? Most can be had on eBay for a dollar each a couple of days after. Unless you know something i don't.

I really don't care about the free stuff. I don't even know if I will pick up the free stuff. I'm just going because of the sales/specials they are having.

I'm getting back home tonight anyway, so I would already be going to the first two just to "check in" and pick up back issues I need. I was also being sarcastic about waking up. I've got to get up at like 10am. Definitely not waking up that early for anything other than a Con.

I'm excited for free cake.

I was told I had to work for free and I made sure cake was purchased.

mmm cake.

For anybody near Greenville, SC - Richard's Comics and Collectibles is having a good many guests there Saturday.

Nick Pitarra amongst them.

And I have to work 12 hours that night.

Pitarra sketch or going to work on no sleep after being awake for 36 hours?

I'm excited for free cake.

I was told I had to work for free and I made sure cake was purchased.

mmm cake.

Mmmmm cake

LCS opens at 9am (8hrs from now) so will be getting up early. Wouldn't normally be too pushed but the Dublin Comic Market is on tomorrow morning at 10am so I might as well hit both up. Haven't gone carton digging in ages. I don't want much of the books (I think I want 11) but I'm hoping the store doesn't limit how many I can have. I only want one copy btw, not pushed about TWD resale value or whatever.

Read More Comics in Brandon, FL will be handing out these freebie sketches I did for the store all day tomorrow.

Doors open at 11am, all comics $1, and 25% off all trades and hardcovers. Also Smokey Bones will be catering the event for free!!!

I'll be doing free sketches from 4pm until whenever

So come say Hi

420737_518739958163555_222124132_n.jpg

942689_518740178163533_683041171_n.jpg

Why aren't you working for someone drawing comics?

Valiant would be a good fit for you, IMHO. I can see X-O Manowar drawn by you in my head!

:applause:

-slym

I appreciate the kind words towards my art. I'm still perfecting my style but who knows maybe one day.

Why aren't you working for someone drawing comics?

Valiant would be a good fit for you, IMHO. I can see X-O Manowar drawn by you in my head!

:applause:

-slym

Totally want him to make the cover to unity right now!

FCBD was a big hit at the LCS. Tons of people with lots of kids. Much cos play to be seen and a generally good time had by all.

I was greeted by Captain America and Batman at the door. Gotta say that Bruce and Steve have really let themselves go. lol

Edit: The Tick freebie is godawful.

FCBD was a big hit at the LCS. Tons of people with lots of kids. Much cos play to be seen and a generally good time had by all.

I was greeted by Captain America and Batman at the door. Gotta say that Bruce and Steve have really let themselves go. lol

Edit: The Tick freebie is godawful.

i read your post and thought "how did i miss FCBD?" then i realized you're in australia.