• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for Ian

251 posts in this topic

or anyone else who might know:

Just curious, is anyone other than yourself and the young lady who has already finished the quest attempting to put together that same DC run? I know it is probably covered in a much earlier thread, but am too lazy to look it up.

Also, has anyone ever tried the feat with any other publishers?

I am currently working on a complete run of Valiant books... acclaim.gif

of course you were probably thinking marvel or timely...I know of probably 20 complete sets of valiants out there..

maybe I will start posting an Ian style "143 TO GO" thread every few days...hey deathlok what do you think about that. devil.gif

Just curious, is anyone other than yourself and the young lady who has already finished the quest attempting to put together that same DC run? I know it is probably covered in a much earlier thread, but am too lazy to look it up.

Christine Farrell supposedly has them all but no promos or giveaways.

I have them all but one, and almost all the promos and giveaways and rare one-offs.

Jerome Wenker has them all apart from 140.

Mike McVoiles has twenty five thousand of the thirty one thousand.

Earl Davis has fifteen thousand of the thirty one thousand.

I am eager to hear of anyone else.

I have them all but one, and almost all the promos and giveaways and rare one-offs.

Does DC themselves have them all? I have always wondered what thier "archives" looked like 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Doesn't former CBM editor Gary Carter supposedly have a nearly complete collection of DC's?

He says he got down to the last six.

He also says he then sold them to a Japanese Father and Son team.

No-one knows the truth of this. Many have disbelieved. I have no idea of the truth here.

He says he got down to the last six.

He also says he then sold them to a Japanese Father and Son team.

No-one knows the truth of this. Many have disbelieved. I have no idea of the truth here

I have heard(through admittedly second hand sources) that he is burned out on comics, so it wouldn't surprise me if he sold the books. Kinda sad, though. frown.gif

Ian, is it necesssary to say "supposedly?"

"Supposedly" YOU have them all, too, (save one) but no one but you has checked them, right?

I say supposedly because, after extensive research, I have ensured I have none missing. I have no idea how extensive other peoples research has been, especially when the first couple of comics which I asked Joe Verenault if she had, were met with blank disbelief that they even existed.

Ian, is it necesssary to say "supposedly?"

"Supposedly" YOU have them all, too, (save one) but no one but you has checked them, right?

I also knew where the last surviving copy of the legendarily rare Superman/Bradman comic, "This Island Bradman" was, and offered to help her procure it, only to be told by Joe that she wasn't interested in it. THIS is why I use the word "supposedly". Because my own research tells me she will have gaps that she refuses to acknowledge.

Im working on the run as we speak...so far am up to 2 Supermans and a Batman!! acclaim.gif

Only 30,997 to go!! thumbsup2.gifgrin.gifstooges.gif

Are any of these people forum members?

Have any of them tried what you did and put out a want list?

have you tried the herculean task of compiling a checklist for all of them so that others could agree or disagree as to what every DC truly consists of?

I know of probably 20 complete sets of valiants out there..

I would bet that there are considerably more than that. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

You are right there is probably closer to 30...

I have a poll on valiantcomics.com and came up with 25 and there are currently 23 listed in the inventory on that site. I doubt that there are any complete runs of valiants out there that were not put together by a collector.. No comic shop is sitting on all 703 comics right now. They might have many or most, but no way they have them all. I many places rarely even have the last few issues of most of the books...complete runs just sitting out there is not really likely. Someone needed to put together all of the 30 or so complete runs that I know about...