• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question for Ian

251 posts in this topic

every dc comic ever? :speechless:

more and more, i realize how far in over my head i am here.

But everyone has to start somewhere.

I've already got my nephew (my Sister's fourteen year old son) into collecting DC comics.

Great that's all we need is an Ian Jr. foreheadslap.gif

Which list do the So Much Fun/DCs fall under?

I have all five of them. I count them as promotional, as they were a variant which were done by one specific company, as were the Weatherbird Shoe comics which were DC comics with their own cover added.

I'd put them on the list of regular DC issues, only because they were sold at retail in stores. To be properly categorized as promotional would seem to suggest that they were giveaways or in some other way distributed without being available for purchase.

Not that it matters of course, but it's just interesting to see what people think.

Ian, can you post a list of the promo/giveaways you still need?

Your wish is my command...

DC PROMOTIONAL, PREVIEW, AND GIVEAWAY COMICS

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS - 1

BATMAN RAIN-BLO GUM COMIC - 1

BATMAN 608 RRP PROMO GIVEAWAY

BUGS BUNNY 64 Page STAMPERS POSTAL EDITION Mini-Comic - 1

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS Platinum Edition - 1

COMIC CAVALCADE GIVEAWAY - 3

DC HORIZONS - 19 onwards

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY - 1

JOAN AND GINGER'S MAGAZINE - Any issues containing Superman-Tim cartoon strips except for May, July, and August 1947)

LOONEY TUNES TYSON MINI-COMICS "The Great Scavenger Hunt" - 2, 7, 8, 10

LOONEY TUNES TYSON FIRST SERIES - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

OVERSEAS EDITIONS for US Armed Forces - Superman 27, 28, 72

SCOOBY DOO mini-comic with DVD - "Werewolf Are You" - 1

SPECIAL NAVY EDITION (1944) - 1, 4, 5, 6

SUPERGEAR COMICS - 1

SUPERMAN CHRISTMAS ADVENTURE 1944 (Second Of Two That Year) - 2

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS - 1

SUPERMAN WORKBOOK - 1

SUPERMAN BROCHURE FROM 1960s Musical "It's A Bird, It's A Plane"

SUPERMAN TIM - August 42, September 42, November 42, December 42, January 43, February 43, April 43, May 43, June 43, July 43, October 43, November 43, December 43, January 44, February 44, March 44, April 44, June 44, October 44, November 44, February 45, April 45, May 45, September 45, December 45, August 46, September 46, June 47, November 47, July 48, November 49, March 50, May 50

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1944 GIVEAWAY - 1

WORLDS FINEST 1949 GIVEAWAY - 1

WHAT DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS COMICS SEAL OF APPROVAL

What's the scoop on this one?

It was a 1950s promotional comic made to promote the new Seal Of Approval at the time. It was manufactured by DC but was used to promote all new comics from all companies using the new code.

I have never seen a copy but amazingly, it IS listed in Overstreet.

Ian, I was wondering which of the promotional comics you have never actually seen?

I have never seen or heard of anyone having the following:

THE AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS

BUGS BUNNY 64 Page STAMPERS POSTAL EDITION Mini-Comic

CARTOON NETWORK PRESENTS Platinum Edition

FLASH TV BROCHURE GIVEAWAY

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS

Have you or anybody else ever seen any of these?

Ian, I was wondering which of the promotional comics you have never actually seen?

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS

I tried to do a web-search on AQUATEERS MEET THE SUPER FRIENDS, but for some reason, about all the results were links to dating-services. The "meet" part, I suppose.

confused-smiley-013.gif

P.S. Oh, I just found an oddball DC promo online. Anyone ever heard of this one?

47_1.JPG

SUPERMAN GOLDEN PRESS

I have never seen any of the six. Then again, The Dirt-Minator, Happy Tooth, Twisted Metal, and the Stroehmans Bread Giveaway, are all equally as rare.

I still wonder if the Bugs Bunny mini-comic truly does exist. The same goes for the Cartoon Network Platinum Edition.

I have no idea what the Superman Golden Press giveaway is. Does it have anything to do with all those Golden Press childred's books ???

The other three most certainly exist, even though I've never seen them. But for instance, I have the 1977 DC Super Heroes Vitamins giveaway, which for years collectors said was a mistake and didn't exist, yet I grabbed one off e-Bay last year, and have never since heard of another.

Details on how to get the King James promos have been on the DC Comics Web Site for the last couple of weeks. See the link in the news section of the home page. Some look as if they are going to be hard to get. I.e. one of the variants is only being made available through US Military Stores.

Some are on e-bay already.

Regards Earl.

ten covers???

I can hear Ian from over the pond: "oy vey!!"

I already knew there were ten covers. The whole story was on DCs own site. I don't yet have a single one of them.

Mind you the promo Six Flags giveaway DC comics were worse. The comic has Batman and Bugs Bunny in it, was given away at each theme park, and there were eleven different covers, and I still only have six of those.

ten covers???

I can hear Ian from over the pond: "oy vey!!"

I already knew there were ten covers. The whole story was on DCs own site. I don't yet have a single one of them.

Mind you the promo Six Flags giveaway DC comics were worse. The comic has Batman and Bugs Bunny in it, was given away at each theme park, and there were eleven different covers, and I still only have six of those.

hence, the "neverending battle!"