• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange Tales 28 Appreciation Thread

98 posts in this topic

Are you sure the horror pedigrees had one in their collection? I'm guessing not otherwise they would have been slabbed ... right?

I know several pre-code enthusiasts who prefer to keep their books in mylar. Just because a book isn't listed in the CGC Census doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :preach:

Curious, what is the reasoning. Seems like there is a much higher likelihood for inadvertent damage if left un-slabbed.

If housed in Mylar there is definitely a much higher likelihood of inadvertent reading and careless deep examination of the interior. Not to mention the possibility of reductive ogling of the cover colors.

Are you sure the horror pedigrees had one in their collection? I'm guessing not otherwise they would have been slabbed ... right?

I know several pre-code enthusiasts who prefer to keep their books in mylar. Just because a book isn't listed in the CGC Census doesn't mean it doesn't exist. :preach:

Curious, what is the reasoning. Seems like there is a much higher likelihood for inadvertent damage if left un-slabbed.

If housed in Mylar there is definitely a much higher likelihood of inadvertent reading and careless deep examination of the interior. Not to mention the possibility of reductive ogling of the cover colors.

Aren't they all available digitally? If they aren't they will be soon...

Agreed - there's a definite chance of advertent ogling. :headbang:

Reductive ogling! :cloud9::headbang:

lol

There's also the chance that you could expose some of that amazing GA splash art to the naked eye.

It used to be my favorite horror book and is VERY difficult to find. I used to own the 5.5 copy, I'm the one who got it slabbed and I think it was the highest graded at the time. Very under-rated cover and I've always wondered why certain horror covers get so much love, and others like this one are forgotten.

It is - the book looks like a 7.5-8.0 to me. Need to check grader notes...I must be missing something on the inside, I don't think the top cover issue could bring it down that much. Lots of gloss, no real spine ticks or color breaking creases even. Bizarre.

Johnny