• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

(fun thread) Best lines from comics

36 posts in this topic

Funny... serious... devastating... you name it, but it has to come from only one word bubble.

For me, being an X-Geek, one of the biggest came in the early part of the century, with but three words uttered in sheer desperation and insanity...

"No more mutants"

1309003-scarlet_witch_no_more_mutants02_super.jpg

tumblr_m8mopqyv9w1rdd1ido1_1280.jpg

(Artwise, I've always loved that last panel... reality starts to disintegrate, Magneto lands with a horrendous crash in front of Scarlet Witch, and she just looks so... FREAKIN... COOL! as she tears apart reality with a thought :D )

So list yours! :D

"Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it.'

-Rodney Dangerfield

I agree with Rorschach's immortal line. That should be the last line in the page.

My contribution:

Dream to Lucifer (when Lucifer mocks Dream for having no power over Hell since it's the place where hope is dead and everything is lost):

“What power would hell have if those imprisoned here would not be able to dream of heaven?”

Another great that at times is fit into one speech bubble:

"In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape my sight. Let those who worship evil’s might, beware my power, Green Lantern’s light!"

:D

While its two bubbles, its still one sentence. Always been one of my favorites

"It's one-o'clock, bub....time to get yer face ripped off"

Wolv79p17-18.jpg

I loved this line when I read it at 11 years old, I still love it at 40. End of the first page, beginning of the second:

They were good. I'm the best.

w06.jpg

w07.jpg