• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

I was able to take the spine roll out of the comic and straightened some folded over pieces. It presents much nicer now. Notice where the staple pulled thru the cover I found a small flap of veronica's word bubble that I was able to fold back out.

Here's the before & after:

Before:

ArchieCover_zps37e4d037.jpg

After:

get-attachment-28aspx_zps6a283bec.jpeg

No its not.

I'm not even sure, if done correctly, disassembly and re "stapling" with the original staple is considered restoration. But either way its incomplete or would need married pages so a blue label is out.

No its not.

I'm not even sure, if done correctly, disassembly and re "stapling" with the original staple is considered restoration.

I can confirm this. I had Matt remove 3D glasses still attached inside a low-grade KK3D #1 and put them into a higher grade copy and got a 7.5 universal in return.

No its not.

I'm not even sure, if done correctly, disassembly and re "stapling" with the original staple is considered restoration.

I can confirm this. I had Matt remove 3D glasses still attached inside a low-grade KK3D #1 and put them into a higher grade copy and got a 7.5 universal in return.

Cheater.

Is this resto? I don't think it is.

No, the few comics I've taken the spine roll out of and submitted have all come back with Blue labels.

Spine rolls bother me and my OCDs won't let me leave them alone. It's like dog eared pages or any other folds. I undo all of them.

I suppose there are some purists out there who consider this resto, but I don't, and CGC doesn't.

Edited by gadzukes

No its not.

Cheater.

And proud of it! Both books were original and unrestored. The glasses were original and unrestored. If popping one staple on each book and moving original glasses from one copy to the other labels me a cheater I'll have it printed on a t-shirt. :headbang:

No its not.

Cheater.

And proud of it! Both books were original and unrestored. The glasses were original and unrestored. If popping one staple on each book and moving original glasses from one copy to the other labels me a cheater I'll have it printed on a t-shirt. :headbang:

Great idea and work by Matt. (thumbs u

No its not.

Cheater.

Great idea and work by Matt. (thumbs u

I hate to pollute a thread, but cannot find my old thread to link to … so here are two key pieces of the story.

Mint glasses held by one staple in a crappy copy I paid 70 bucks to get on eBay:

1_zps9ca53be7.jpg

End result after staple on high grade was popped and glasses were added:

cgckk3d_zps558ae25a.jpg

Yes very typical. :/

That said, some of the Betty and Veronica covers are classics, and the stories are just as good as any other Archie title. I'm certain you will have no problem finding a great copy of #1. As a matter of fact there are 7 copies currently for sale on eBay as well as a bound volume that includes issues 1-20.

Why don't you scan or take a picture of that #2 and add it to Steve's Favorite Archie Covers thread … it certainly belongs there.

so true!

and love that thread of favorite covers

as to why I don't scan or post=100% cause I have no computer skills or tech ability whatsoever.

ive tried but its usually a horrible mess so I stopped bothering

Club member Update.

Welcome 50AE_DE

10 Archie 1s are accounted for in the club.

CGC Unrestored:

4.0 OW-W... BaltimoreLauren... Page 6

3.0 OW.......... 143ksk................. Page 2

1.0 Brittle.......... Ameri................ Page 1

1.0 PQ?.......... 50AE_DE...................Page 16

CGC Restored

7.0 (MP)... OW-W... Gadzukes... Page 1

2.5 (SA)... OW-W... Benz... Page 7

Raw

2.0-3.0 Unrestored... GoldenPRguy... Page 3

6.0 Restored... Lotemo... Page 1

6.0 SL Restored... GoldenPRguy... Page 3

.5 Unrestored (incomplete)... Gadzukes... Page 13

Edited by gadzukes

We may need a #2 club since it's also a tough book. It would be interesting to know how many surviving copies there are of it as well.

archie-02t_zps819474b4.jpg

Very Nice!

Yes, very sharp copy. I would love to see an Archie 8 club. My favorite early cover.

Ken