• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

I'd be interested to hear from others but #9 has always seemed a lot scarcer than #8 and #10. I guess there's no way of knowing if print runs differed with each issue.

If you go by our "club census" #6 is the scarcest title so far. It's still pretty early for 2-10 postings though.

BTW I posted the Club Census on the 1st page under my 1st posting. i thought it would be an easy place to go back to if anyone wants to look at census results.

I can't really remember the order that I got my Archie 1-10 in, but I'm pretty sure #2 was the last one for me. 6 came pretty early on.

Been totally crazed with work, but the long weekend is upon us and I'm committed to pulling and scanning 5-10. Stay tuned.

And LOVING this thread more than ever!

This is a SWEET #5. Looks fairly high grade. You thinking of slabbing it?

The census shows a 7.0 & an 8.5 as the two highest they've graded, so your's is in rarified air.

Thanks. I plan to have it graded eventually but not in a hurry.

I have a low grade raw #9 to add to the club that I will aim to scan this weekend.

I'd be interested to hear from others but #9 has always seemed a lot scarcer than #8 and #10. I guess there's no way of knowing if print runs differed with each issue.

If you go by our "club census" #6 is the scarcest title so far. It's still pretty early for 2-10 postings though.

BTW I posted the Club Census on the 1st page under my 1st posting. i thought it would be an easy place to go back to if anyone wants to look at census results.

I agree that 6 may be one of the more difficult issues. Mine came from Met in 2004. I saw it listed on their website and intended to buy it, then it was gone, then it reappeared. I assumed that someone bought it and returned it. So then I bought it. Heritage sold the Crippen copy, which was a qualified 8.0 due to detached cover and centerfold. It was a sharp looking copy though. Otherwise, I've seen a handful for sale since but they were all usually a bit ragged. And then someone, somewhere has the Church copies. I don't believe that #2-10 are with #1, which is or was owned by the dentist.

Anyone on here was bidding or even won the Archie Comics #1 at the Proxibid auction today? Book looks to be in the Fair condition. Sold for $8250. Pretty strong price. Auction had some other nice books as well.

Edited by Dark Knight

Anyone on here was bidding or even won the Archie Comics #1 at the Proxibid auction today? Book looks to be in the Fair condition. Sold for $8250. Pretty strong price. Auction had some other nice books as well.

$8250! That's a steal!!! They could flip it on heritage or even ebay and probably make a $4000 profit.

Interesting how some Archie 1s are starting to pop up. I wonder how many we'll see this year. Always cool to see the new ones like this.

Edited by gadzukes

Alllllllrighty then! Let's get this long overdue show on the road. Really thought I'd get these books up this weekend, but the wife wanted to bug out of town and seeing as how she's 17-weeks into cooking baby Golden, I'm pretty much letting her call the shots.

To the books.

Archie 5. If you forget about the top corner for a second it's a great copy. Bit of a spine roll but firmly attached at the staple. Pages are Cream. Obviously the corners have seen better days, but as hard as it is to see that top right, the piece missing only affects the cover and first two pages, doesn't touch the story panels, and then the corner issue gets much better from there. Book is complete. NO idea how something like this happens, but she's all mine.

Archie5_zps297463c8.jpg

Archie 6. Cover is detached, has some tears and shows wear. It also suffers from some moisture damage, not sure if water or humidity. Could use a good pressing. Best part of this book though is the guts. I have rarely seen whiter pages on a comic of this age! Book is complete.

Archie6_zpsf65f362d.jpg

Archie 7 (copy 1). Cover is detached, but in great shape. Pages are OW/W. Book is complete.

Archie71_zps12cf127b.jpg

Archie 7 (copy 2). Another complete copy with a detached cover. Spine is rough, cover has tears and other wear, but still eye candy in my book. Pages are cream.

Archie72_zps6b514133.jpg

Archie 7 (copy 3). Just a cover, no guts. Has visible issues but I look forward to stuffing it with a coverless copy. (Not sure if you wanna count this Gadzukes, just sharing)

Archie73_zpsda462087.jpg

Archie 8. Complete, Attached, Off-White Pages, Cover has some corner wear and other minor issues. This is such a great cover, I love this book, and I'm very happy with this copy. I do have an awesome coverless copy too, but I did not scan it.

Archie8_zpseb94f7ba.jpg

Archie 9. Don't let the first glance on this book fool you, it's a high grade copy. Not sure what grade per se, but the cover is in amazing shape, the insides are OW/W and complete. The cover is attached at the staple, and that is not a spine roll, that is a printing defect, the books is square and flat!

Archie9_zpsd3b86bdf.jpg

Archie 10. The last of my promised scans. This book looks like it was once in a two ring binder. There is a small hole at the top and bottom of the spine that goes through from cover to cover. Pages are Tan/Cream, cover is attached, missing some pieces as you can see, book is complete.

Archie10_zpsea08931a.jpg

PS. I was gonna buy my 5th copy of Archie 11 last night on eBay. Had some back and forth with the seller but decided I could find a better use for the money. A few hours later it sold … hope it was to one of you!