• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

Archie 1-10 club? I would totes be in that!

Seeing as how the Archie 1 club has so few members I think it would be fairly easy to open it up to the Archie 2-10 owners. I love seeing these covers and have a fascination with the census numbers on all these early issues.

All in agreement?

Archie 1-10 club? I would totes be in that!

Seeing as how the Archie 1 club has so few members I think it would be fairly easy to open it up to the Archie 2-10 owners. I love seeing these covers and have a fascination with the census numbers on all these early issues.

All in agreement?

I recently scanned a number of books so I'll add mine.

Here's 3. Detached cover but otherwise fairly nice.

archie-03-t_zps979212e5.jpg

Lotemo, those are all OUTSTANDING copies! I'm so jealous. So what's the story on your Archie collection? You said on page 1 of the thread that you got your Archie 1 10 years ago. Did you pick all of these up a long time ago too?

Such a nice collection. I guess you're not into slabbing them? You like to still page through them?

And just for good measure.

archie-50-t_zpsc1531192.jpg

I love Archies "eye" line on this cover :0 staring right at the fuzzy boobs :)

very subtle but I think its intentional :)

That's a GREAT observation that I never noticed (probably because I am always looking at her fuzzy boobs when I look at that cover).

Lotemo, those are all OUTSTANDING copies! I'm so jealous. So what's the story on your Archie collection? You said on page 1 of the thread that you got your Archie 1 10 years ago. Did you pick all of these up a long time ago too?

Such a nice collection. I guess you're not into slabbing them? You like to still page through them?

I bought #1, which is restored, in 2001. I managed to get the rest of them by 2009. After that the market started getting crazy. The #4 and #5 scans are copies that are missing some centerfolds. My complete copies of each don't present as well.

You're right, I don't want to slab them so I can enjoy them. The archive books are nice but I like to handle the actual books. #3 would be downgraded for the detached cover (as well as a little glue where it was previously glued on). #6 through 10 I believe are all unrestored. #8 has a piece of magic tape at the base of the spine. After I scanned it, I saw that someone used the tape to attach a piece of brown paper to fill a tiny piece out of the cover. I assume that if I had the magic tape removed, it would otherwise be unrestored.

I bought and sold several copies of 8 & 10 over the years until I found copies with colors that bright. I still have copies of those two that I bought when I was about 10 years old that had extremely faded covers so it was always my goal to upgrade then with nicer copies.