• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

And just for good measure.

archie-50-t_zpsc1531192.jpg

I love Archies "eye" line on this cover :0 staring right at the fuzzy boobs :)

very subtle but I think its intentional :)

That's a GREAT observation that I never noticed (probably because I am always looking at her fuzzy boobs when I look at that cover).

lol

You guys all have such nice copies! I bought my Archie 1-10 when I was still a teenager so I got what I could afford at the time. In the late 90's early 2000's when I could have been upgrading for relatively little $ I was focused on other things like work and buying my apartment. My scans are coming this weekend … you'll see what I mean.

For now, here is my #2

Archie2_zps172c6e78.jpg

And let's take a moment to recognize the latest eBay Archie sale… Archie comics #4: $2,025! That follows in the footsteps of yesterday's Archie #5 sale for $750. Certainly quite a gap between Archie 1 and Archie 4 pricewise.

That #5 might have ended higher had the photos been better. It looked like it might present nicely but it was hard to tell by the photos.

Archie 5

Wow, well this exercise has been a bit of an emotional roller coster. So many of my books are under armed guard 24/7 (mostly kidding) and it's rare that I pull them for a closer look. Some of my copies are really terrific, my 1's, my 4, 9, 12, 16, 18 … 20 I want to send to CGC, I never realized how absolutely mint it is! But many of my copies have seen better days, 7, 8, 10, 11, etc are nice enough but nothing to write home about. Sadly copies like my 3's (below), my 5 which looks like someone took a bite out of the top corner, and my 15 which looks like someone used it as a fly swatter are depressing. I wish I had remembered about my copy of 5 before the one on ebay ended the other day ... I would have grabbed it. Anyway, sorry for the long preface, it's how I deal with the state of things. Here's my scans.

This copy looks nice enough, the cover is detached (all my 3's are), but it's incomplete. Someone ripped the puzzle page out of the center. And while it's just half a wrap that does not affect any stories, it's still incomplete.

Archie31_zps45419f33.jpg

This copy is soso. The interior is 'complete', except some kid tore the fist page and it's missing a chunk of art. I'd say 1/3 of the page is gone. :(

Archie32_zpsa83e5f48.jpg

This is my saddest copy. The cover and the interior have got slightly brittle edges. I do have that bottom right corner piece, it's inside the book for safe keeping. It is a complete copy, but someone secured the entire spine of the interior with tape. It's just rough!

Archie33_zpsfd7cab1f.jpg

Fortunately this copy makes me smile. It was water cleaned to remove a spine roll about 12 years ago by Mr. Nelson, but it's a complete and very presentable copy.

Archie4_zpsa10b6e9b.jpg

Again, I'll try to get the rest up later today or tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a nice Saturday!

Edited by GoldenPRGuy