• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archie 1-10 +50 CLUB
12 12

1,011 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2018 at 11:17 AM, gadzukes said:

I couldn't resist these Australian comics when I saw the great covers they had.

a1.jpg

a2.jpg

If any of you Archie collectors are interested in Australian editions here's the link to the guy I bought them from on ebay.  He's got 63 Archie related comics left from the 1950s:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/m.html?ssPageName=&_ssn=jireihe-0

1 hour ago, Cliff R. said:

Great books! I picked this up recently.  Jughead 46 Australian edition.

Didn't want to derail the thread, but gadzukes started it...

I have gained so much appreciation for all things Archie since I started this thread, that I don't care what's posted as long as it's Archie related.  I've loved seeing these Australian editions.

This thread actually started as just an "Archie 1" club.  Then "Archie 2-10" were added.  Then "Archie 50" was added.  There's just SO many to like.  I personally love Betty & Veronica 40 & 41.

Edited by gadzukes

20 hours ago, archiecomicscollector said:

I'm relatively new to CGC (and first time posting!), but I'm a HUGE Archie fan! I started collecting Archie comics 20 years ago, when I was just 10 years old. I have nearly 2000 comics (including digests) and over 100 associated toys (i.e. dolls, lunch boxes, puzzles) in my collection. A glimpse of my collection can be found on Instagram under @archiecomicscollector.  

Welcome to the boards.  You'll find a lot of Archie fans around posting in this thread and also this one:  https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/107853-have-a-cigar-mlj-publishing-and-golden-age-archie-only/

20 hours ago, archiecomicscollector said:

I'm relatively new to CGC (and first time posting!), but I'm a HUGE Archie fan! I started collecting Archie comics 20 years ago, when I was just 10 years old. I have nearly 2000 comics (including digests) and over 100 associated toys (i.e. dolls, lunch boxes, puzzles) in my collection. A glimpse of my collection can be found on Instagram under @archiecomicscollector.  

Welcome to the boards!  :foryou:

You know, as a young boy comic reader, the world was a simple place.  The verbal equivalent of a secret handshake was who was stronger - Hulk or Thor?  As we got older, life became more complicated:  it included girls.  Then the relevant question became - Betty or Veronica?

is it the same for the other half of humanity?  Are Archie and Reggie the predominant male archetypes - the good guy but not particularly handsome vs the smarmy arrogant good looking one?  I'm assuming, perhaps unfairly, that Moose and Juggy don't really make it into the mix.  hm

And please feel free to post pics of some of the other items in your collection!  Comics we see a lot of, other collectibles not so much.  I'm sure we'd love to.

22 hours ago, archiecomicscollector said:

Welcome to the boards, Samantha! You have an amazing collection.  Please post some of your favorite treasures. :foryou:

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

A portion of my Archie collectibles (c. 1960s - present) collection is currently on display in my office's Creative Library, as part of an exhibit titled "Things We Collect." But, as mentioned, I have a lot more and will be sharing it on Instagram and perhaps a new thread here :banana:

IMG_9171.jpg

IMG_9172.jpg

5 hours ago, Dr. Love said:

is it the same for the other half of humanity?  Are Archie and Reggie the predominant male archetypes - the good guy but not particularly handsome vs the smarmy arrogant good looking one?  I'm assuming, perhaps unfairly, that Moose and Juggy don't really make it into the mix.  hm

Definitely! I've always loved Archie, but, after watching CW's Riverdale, many of my friends love Jughead instead! He's now seen as a romantic interest (and, if you haven't seen it, he's Betty's love interest) to them. Many of them have asked to borrow a few comics to learn about his background, and they are all surprised at how Jughead is depicted in vintage Archie comics. Haha. 

On 6/2/2018 at 11:45 AM, gadzukes said:

If any of you Archie collectors are interested in Australian editions here's the link to the guy I bought them from on ebay.  He's got 63 Archie related comics left from the 1950s:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/Comics/63/m.html?ssPageName=&_ssn=jireihe-0

That's where I got mine too - great guy to buy from, and there are some nice ones left.

11 hours ago, archiecomicscollector said:

A portion of my Archie collectibles (c. 1960s - present) collection is currently on display in my office's Creative Library, as part of an exhibit titled "Things We Collect." But, as mentioned, I have a lot more and will be sharing it on Instagram and perhaps a new thread here :banana:

IMG_9171.jpg

Is that an Archie Shower curtain in the back?

21 hours ago, Cliff R. said:

I'd love to hear how you found these collectibles.  I can't even find a Dark Horse Betty Cooper statue. :whatthe:

My parents love to collect antiques, and would often take my younger brother and I on day trips to nearby cities to visit antique stores, thrift stores, and vintage clothing stores (And, as I grew up as an Army brat, we visited a lot of antique stores). I always gravitated towards vintage toys, and, as I started collecting Archie comics, I'd notice a few Archie toys here and there and started to collect them, as well. I still visit antique stores (I love the hunt!), but I also frequently search vintage toy store websites (I've had good luck with From Abba to Zoom, What a Character!, and Whatsit Galore) and sort through countless listings on eBay and etsy. 

I purchased Dark Horse's Reggie statue from a local comic book shop a few years ago, but never saw the other statues in stores. I did, however, recently purchase Archie, Betty, and Veronica on eBay though. Hopefully, I'll find Jughead to complete my set :wishluck:  

I'm still actively collecting Archie collectibles, as almost every week I find something I've never seen before online. 

#cantstopcollecting :x

On 6/2/2018 at 4:19 PM, Cliff R. said:

I literally laughed out loud when I saw the Jughead #11 cover.  Had to get the 'twin' too, Jughead #66.  Sorry for the blurry pics - my wife took her IPhone when she left. No, not forever. 

0602181544.thumb.jpg.f95319c7728a481683ca3d006196201e.jpg

I have a copy of Juggy 11, but I didn't realize that the cover was swiped later on for issue 66.  Did they do that often?

On 6/2/2018 at 9:48 PM, archiecomicscollector said:

IMG_9171.jpg

IMG_9172.jpg

Cool stuff!  You're a younger version of @Robot Man.:)