• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I'll take it. Pending scan..................

318 posts in this topic

feeling just a little bit responsible since I was the guy who took the book pending a scan (which was an acceptable move stated by the seller)...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6698621&Main=296328#Post6698621

I've had the same thoughts in the past (why list a book if you don't have scans?) but we all know there are days with more traffic here, and days with less, and if you are looking to move books you list them...

part of the confusion in this particular thread was after posting a list of books with grades and prices the OP then listed the books again with scans (and prices) so it looked like new listings (or at least someone reading it wouldn't know these were scans as part of an earlier offer.

Situation got explained to the person who tried to claim the book after my earlier pending "take it". He politely bowed out but pointed out the OP "did it wrong" in his method of listing.

Its the sellers books, so its the sellers rules at the end of the day.

I do think anyone listing a book w/o a scan needs to state if "pending scan take its" are accepted or not, cause otherwise you end up in the case mentioned earlier where the second "I'll take it with no scans" thinks they have claim rights since they were unconditional...

This thread's not about you anymore.

It's about Elvis and Trololo. :sumo:

No Dice....was the point of this thread. All fun jokes and butthurt aside.

Course I never expected serious thought in CG.

So please continue with the Elvis music..............

Does a 5-Star buyer posting :takeit: "without scans" have priority over a 1-Star buyer with less than 10 posts posting :takeit: "pending scans" when the 5-star buyer posts after the 1-star buyer in a reverse auction?

And what if one of them has the seller on ignore?

Does a 5-Star buyer posting :takeit: "without scans" have priority over a 1-Star buyer with less than 10 posts posting :takeit: "pending scans" when the 5-star buyer posts after the 1-star buyer in a reverse auction?

THERE ARE ... FOUR ... STARS

picard2.jpg

feeling just a little bit responsible since I was the guy who took the book pending a scan (which was an acceptable move stated by the seller)...

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6698621&Main=296328#Post6698621

I've had the same thoughts in the past (why list a book if you don't have scans?) but we all know there are days with more traffic here, and days with less, and if you are looking to move books you list them...

part of the confusion in this particular thread was after posting a list of books with grades and prices the OP then listed the books again with scans (and prices) so it looked like new listings (or at least someone reading it wouldn't know these were scans as part of an earlier offer.

Situation got explained to the person who tried to claim the book after my earlier pending "take it". He politely bowed out but pointed out the OP "did it wrong" in his method of listing.

I do think anyone listing a book w/o a scan needs to state if "pending scan take its" are accepted or not, cause otherwise you end up in the case mentioned earlier where the second "I'll take it with no scans" thinks they have claim rights since they were unconditional...

You got serious discussion.

You didn't agree with it so you dismissed it. (This would be the reason for 95% of the butthurt in CG)

You then decided who could post in your thread and started throwing your toys around the romper room and threatening to post PMs.

Then you tied it up with a nice bow of "Oh, I don't care. I find it all funny."

But your final parting shot was

This is Comics General Butthurt 101. Nicely done.

Actually, I thought that was how it worked. If someone said 'I'll take it pending scans' I figured you could swoop in and take it without seeing the scans...

which is why the OP needs to state if Take it Pending scans are acceptable in their listings...

if its not stated, yeah the case certainly can be made... but do you wanna roll the dice on grabbing a book at what appears to be a great price (pending scan!) and then dfind out its a miswrap, or if it's lower grade has your pet-peeve defect (like staple rust, or writing on the cover or whatever)...

I can see that point - but if you know the person grading, I'd probably roll the dice. For example, I've bought from Brock many times, if he had a book I was looking for and it had no scan, but a grade - I'd probably be comfortable pulling the pin without a scan to keep someone else from getting it if the price was too good to pass up.

But, I can see why someone wants to wait, too.

I thought that a straight up "I'll take it" in a sales thread trumps anything else. PM's, pending scans, whatever. If that is the case, then buyers posting up "I'll take it pending scan" need to understand their is a risk of losing the book.

Actually, I thought that was how it worked. If someone said 'I'll take it pending scans' I figured you could swoop in and take it without seeing the scans...

which is why the OP needs to state if Take it Pending scans are acceptable in their listings...

if its not stated, yeah the case certainly can be made... but do you wanna roll the dice on grabbing a book at what appears to be a great price (pending scan!) and then dfind out its a miswrap, or if it's lower grade has your pet-peeve defect (like staple rust, or writing on the cover or whatever)...

I can see that point - but if you know the person grading, I'd probably roll the dice. For example, I've bought from Brock many times, if he had a book I was looking for and it had no scan, but a grade - I'd probably be comfortable pulling the pin without a scan to keep someone else from getting it if the price was too good to pass up.

I thought that a straight up "I'll take it" in a sales thread trumps anything else. PM's, pending scans, whatever. If that is the case, then buyers posting up "I'll take it pending scan" need to understand their is a risk of losing the book.

There have been disagreements and misunderstandings in the past so the onus is on the seller to clearly state his terms in the opening post.

I think this is the first time I've heard of an issue come up - I don't really know if other people think that or what. I may be in the minority.

There have been disagreements and misunderstandings in the past so the onus is on the seller to clearly state his terms in the opening post.

I know! :idea: We need a rating system!

picard2.jpg

Dammit...take my taunting unequivocally or I'll taunt you some more.

You didn't agree with it so you dismissed it. (This would be the reason for 95% of the butthurt in CG)

You then decided who could post in your thread and started throwing your toys around the romper room and threatening to post PMs.

Um............Errrrrrrrrrr......Irony?

picard2.jpg

You will taunt me a second time?

FrenchTaunt.gif

This is not an accurate summary. As an example, the op made a post saying that RMA had him on ignore yet still felt the need to post in the thread. Before op ever made any post debating the merits of the serious responses he received, you jumped in to say that the op was butthurt. I wonder why that was?

picard2.jpg

You will taunt me a second time?

FrenchTaunt.gif

Go and boil your bottom.

This is not an accurate summary. As an example, the op made a post saying that RMA had him on ignore yet still felt the need to post in the thread. Before op ever made any post debating the merits of the serious responses he received, you jumped in to say that the op was butthurt. I wonder why that was?

BS

This was the like the third or fourth post.

Its up to the seller to make clear rules for his thread. For the most part, when any confusion happens, people have worked it out on their own. I don't see it as a big problem.

That pretty much wrapped this up.

The butthurt response was due to the fact the he decided that someone could not post in his thread. That deserves mocking 100% of the time.

What do you wonder about? Me defending my friend? We have been over this ground before but we can do it again.

I know! :idea: We need a rating system!

I am not a fan of the rating system. :foryou:

The offsite feedback site that Butters linked to in your thread seemed plausible but I don't think the selling forums are at that point yet.

The butthurt response was due to the fact the he decided that someone could not post in his thread. That deserves mocking 100% of the time.

You mean me? I welcome all to post in my threads. Especially if you are someone I said who cant.

You mean me? I welcome all to post in my threads. Especially if you are someone I said who cant.

Can you stick to one or the other so I can feign the proper amount of righteous indignation please? :sumo:

Can you stick to one or the other so I can feign the proper amount of righteous indignation please? :sumo:

Can we get back to an entire page of autostart youtube videos please? It's like the worst remix of all the songs I have ever heard ever at the same time.