• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hammer slammer! Any landers in the CLink (May auction)?

133 posts in this topic

Wow, the Marvel Mystery #36 went from about $2,500 to $5,600 in the last 10 seconds of the auction. A tough to find book in nice shape.

Yep, MM 36 is on many a want lists due to its incredibly cool NY Invasion Tunnels cover. Tough issue to find too.

To change the subject back to comics since the CLink thing has been rehashed for years, I got this one solely because of the number in the upper left corner.

RAD7077B2013416_114650.jpg

I bid on this one too. How bad could the back cover be>? lol

Wow, the Marvel Mystery #36 went from about $2,500 to $5,600 in the last 10 seconds of the auction. A tough to find book in nice shape.

I love that book, but got completely blown out on it at the end. With 25 seconds to go I thought I might get it!

YAY!!! got my #1 target in this auction.

mmen2.jpg

Great book! There was so much good stuff in this auction I didn't even bid on lots of books I would normally at least throw a low ball bid at. Glad this one's going to a good home! :applause:

Last week, Heritage sold a Thrilling 46 CGC 8.5 for $1792.

Tonight, CL sold a Thrilling 46 CGC 8.5 with better page quality for $827.

Last week, underbidder.

This week... :banana:

RAD0A67E2013417_12590.jpg

Last week, Heritage sold a Thrilling 46 CGC 8.5 for $1792.

Tonight, CL sold a Thrilling 46 CGC 8.5 with better page quality for $827.

Last week, underbidder.

This week... :banana:

RAD0A67E2013417_12590.jpg

That's the way to do it. (thumbs u

Picked up Adventures Into The Unknown 8 Church copy. Lost out on Famous Funnies 211 CGC 9.6 and Weird Science 9 CGC 9.6 Gaines. I have a Gaines copy of this book raw but thought I might snap up another copy. Pretty surprised to see it go for over 5K.

Ken

[font:Times New Roman]Congratulations to all the winners! (thumbs u

Lot's of bargains this auction, if you ask me.

Won only one book myself, but can't complain...

RADA5AA42013322_171630.jpg

I'll post my own scans shortly after I have this puppy in hand.

I like the strong colors, registration and cut of this copy, especially the FC.

Since CLink didn't provide a BC scan I tracked this book back through earlier Heritage auction lots, discovering an even dust shadow along the left edge of the BC that doesn't compromise any of the art. Although dust shadows aren't desirable it wasn't enough to stop me from pulling the trigger.

Some of these high grade copies of DBH apparently have provenance stretching back to the Edgar Rice Burroughs estate and some sort of payment arrangement the author had with Lev Gleason. So far, I haven't found irrefutable evidence to support that assertion, but it sounds credible.

M'thinks having an ERB estate designation on the label would even trump a Nicholas Cage Collection notation. :grin:

Most of these high grade estate books have average PQ and dust shadows to varying degrees. My under-copy apparently comes from the same run as this 9.4 copy. In fact, I may have located a unique identifier. More on that later.

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7013&lotNo=91109#50715071778

It's late and I need to log some zzz's before packing for the Houston Comicpalooza trek.

Night all! zzz [/font]