• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Mutants Annual #2/Psylocke Appreciation Thread

173 posts in this topic

For those who are interested in Betsy Braddock pre-Psylocke, I have the following Captain Britain vol 2 #12 for sale on e-bay where Betsy becomes Captain Britain. Comic (magazine) is in great NM shape. There is even an interior photo of Betsy in costume!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Britain-12-1985-NM-Betsy-Braddock-as-Capt-Britain-cameo-Psylocke-/181227000039?pt=US_Comic_Magazines&hash=item2a31f890e7

For those who are interested in Betsy Braddock pre-Psylocke, I have the following Captain Britain vol 2 #12 for sale on e-bay where Betsy becomes Captain Britain. Comic (magazine) is in great NM shape. There is even an interior photo of Betsy in costume!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Captain-Britain-12-1985-NM-Betsy-Braddock-as-Capt-Britain-cameo-Psylocke-/181227000039?pt=US_Comic_Magazines&hash=item2a31f890e7

Great shape and great price, BD-Punisher! (thumbs u

I already have it, oherwise I’d have been tempted. When I find them I pick them here in Europe to save on shipping. Do you have other duplicates? I am still missing a few of the Mighty World of Marvel, where the first Moore/Davis arc begins.

I have a pair in lowgrade on sale in my sales thread, if you happen to miss them.

Most american collectors have yet to realize how beatiful those stories are, with the awesome Alan Davis art in evocative black and white.

That’s fascinating. It’s hard to find newsstand versions of late copper books, I recall even most of those I picked when I started collecting in english were direct market copies (which back then I preferred since I did not like the barcode).

Just received this newsstand variant in the mail today, which has been a personal grail of mine to track down.

cf4ea1df-2341-484d-a304-f8b07d17af96_zpsa9637547.jpg

Thanks. I have Captain Britain (Vol 2) #8 and 13 at CGC being graded believe it or not. Both very nice copies. Meggan is on the cover of #8 and Captain Britain (Betsy Braddock) is on the cover of #13. I also have #2 ungraded (VF+).

I think the Alan Davis art is cool as well as the stories. Its also interesting how the stories are the beginning of Betsy Braddock becoming a super-hero and getting blinded (as she heads towards eventually becoming Psylocke).

:eek:

That’s fascinating. It’s hard to find newsstand versions of late copper books, I recall even most of those I picked when I started collecting in english were direct market copies (which back then I preferred since I did not like the barcode).

Definitely difficult to find, especially in high grade, and this book is notorious for being so condition sensitive.