• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicpalooza!

121 posts in this topic

Then I managed to somehow talk Richard into trading this for a bunch of books I could easily live without - but then I have been nagging him about it for over a year!

DarkMysteries10CGC85_zps33636d3e.jpg

Thanks Richard - I am sooo pleased about that boook!

Fantastic book Michael.

You never see this in ANY condition.

Thanks Ron - Boyd Rowden, who knows his PCH books - once told me he rated this among the ten scarcest pre-code horror books and while it's hard to be absolutely sure about that kind of thing, I do tend to agree in this case. Given the dark background showing all wear, you'd understand if it were scarce in high grade. Why it should be scarcer in all grades is, well, a mystery.

Tough book and a great book! I love my copy, not quite so nice as yours. :)

Hopefully next year some more of you guys can make it down.

Hopefully next year some more of you guys can make it down.

(thumbs u [font:Times New Roman]Verzyl almost made it down this year even though he was too late to snag a booth. After viewing this thread I bet he'll add Comicpalooza to his schedule.[/font]

Then I managed to somehow talk Richard into trading this for a bunch of books I could just about live without - but then I have been nagging him about it for over a year!

:o:o:boo:doh!:tonofbricks::P:gossip: I WANT that DM 10

Then I managed to somehow talk Richard into trading this for a bunch of books I could just about live without - but then I have been nagging him about it for over a year!

:o:o:boo:doh!:tonofbricks::P:gossip: I WANT that DM 10

Sorry - if it ever sells it will go straight back to Richard!

I'd just like to thank him and Tracy for putting up with me for an entire week. They were unfailingly kind and generous hosts and I - quite literally - had the time of my life.

Richard also let me in on the stack of books from Roger, including some I know he wanted himself, or which otherwise I daresay he could have made a sweet mark up on. How's that for friendship?

I came over with every intention of helping out at the Bedrock City booth and did manage to help a bit with the set up. Unfortunately by Sunday my back problem had started playing up - more than likely from the air conditioning which was going full blast. Despite everything else that was going on my geeks all looked after me; Billy and his son Bill got me home, loaded me up with painkillers so I was all set to enjoy the party and the crawfish dinner.

The care and consideration just went on and on. Among many acts of kindness day by day, Richard and Tracy both took a day off work on Tuesday to take me out to Freeport just down the coast from Galveston and we walked right out on the pier surrounded by the wine dark waters of the Gulf. It's a really pretty spot, colorful beach houses, seabirds, a cool fresh breeze...

Richard also switched me on to The Goon, perfect reading for the trip home.

I met so many great people, including the aforementioned boardies, Richard's warm and friendly staff at the different stores. Man is Houston a big place! I finally understand why it can support four stores and a fifth online.

Tracy turned me on to Vietnamese food, and I got to meet her friends and family too.

Don't know what I ever did to deserve such friendship but I feel blessed to have them, one and all.

Next stop London and Manchester, the geeks go international! Look out world! :wishluck:

boy, those painkillers musta been good----party/crawfish was the nite before the back problem. you had a sedate evening and spaghetti the nite you were hurtin'.

very nice post; bill and I sure loved seeing you, and can't wait to have you to cajun country next year.

terrytoons07.jpg

:takeit:

The book of the show, without a doubt.

Just gorgeous. I don't collect the title, but I love that issue!

Yeah, I'm gonna miss that'un :cry:

Great show, though! I don't know how I can top that next year -- I need to spend the next 51 weeks scaring up some funny books.

It was great to meet Michael, and to finally meet Billy Parker, and to reconnect with Cat and Roxanne. And Richard, as always, is one of the truly nice guys in this hobby. He had the Spurs/Grizzlies game on Saturday night for us San Antonio pilgrims, but, despite that, I snuck upstairs at halftime to geek out over his amazing comics and missed the third and most of the fourth quarters. I enjoyed seeing other boardies and Houston geeks that we've come to know from this show, and struck some good deals with Harley and Jamie. From a collecting standpoint, I would love to see some original art dealers, but, aside from that, there was a lot of everything (including space.)

(thumbs u