• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shin Kicking at the Cotswold Olympick games: England

18 posts in this topic

Reading wiki this morning and was intrigued by the "shin kicking" event at the Cotswold Olympick games in england. Very bizarre event IMO, but look who's on that banner next to that life like castle tower :grin:

Cotswold Olympick games

Shin_kicking_at_the_Olimpicks_zps037f9a74.jpg

Speechless

In case you haven't figured out what is happening from the video, a commenter from that YouTube post distills it:

I don't know if everyone knows this now, but I live 15 minutes from this hill so I'll explain.

Bunch of guys chase after the cheese, if they catch it before it reaches the bottom (it has been done) they're in the paper the next day and they get to keep the cheese.

If not, they break a bone or two, and the Gloucester rugby team is at the bottom to tackle you, just in case you didn't break anything yet.

Cheese rolling !!

That is amazingly stupid and funny both !! lol

Have you been to this event arsenalherd ? I'm wondering how you even knew there was a u-tube video to find hm

Speechless

In case you haven't figured out what is happening from the video, a commenter from that YouTube post distills it:

I don't know if everyone knows this now, but I live 15 minutes from this hill so I'll explain.

Bunch of guys chase after the cheese, if they catch it before it reaches the bottom (it has been done) they're in the paper the next day and they get to keep the cheese.

If not, they break a bone or two, and the Gloucester rugby team is at the bottom to tackle you, just in case you didn't break anything yet.

meh

It's worse here the way trolls chase the points.

Cheese rolling !!

That is amazingly stupid and funny both !! lol

Have you been to this event arsenalherd ? I'm wondering how you even knew there was a u-tube video to find hm

i went 2 years ago after seeing it on a programme, huge crowds, big drinking session and loads of funny moments

:idea:

We could have a comic version at this year's SDCC using a slab instead of cheese and having the LTPC knitting crew manning the bottom of the hill!

Speechless

And people wonder why Americans are better...

:idea:

We could have a comic version at this year's SDCC using a slab instead of cheese and having the LTPC knitting crew manning the bottom of the hill!

Would only workd if you could get Bug waiting at the bottom of the hill to kick everyone in the nads