• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

E Gerber ordering

34 posts in this topic

I have heard the E Gerber boards are the boards to get. Excellent quality, great prices.

Unfortunately, I am having a very difficult time actually getting them.

I emailed them two weekends ago (Memorial Day weekend). Told them what I wanted, told them to call me for payment information and left my phone number. Never received any response to my email. It was the holiday so I didn't think much of it at the time.

I called them on Wed to see what was happening since I had still heard nothing. The woman told me she had not gotten through all the emails from the weekend, but could take my credit card information then and it would ship quickly after she got to the email. Sounds good. Wed, I give her my credit card thinking once they get to the email it'll ship and all will be good.

Friday I call back since I have heard nothing. She tells me there is no order for me. I ask if she's gotten through all the emails. Yes...there's no order for me but she still has my credit card number. She asks if I would like to give her my order now... Well, yes, I've been trying to place an order for a week. I give her my order, ask how long til it ships. "A day or two", she says.

I email them again today asking for a status update since i have still heard nothing. Now the guy who answers the email says they only take phone orders (would have been nice to know on Wed when I was on the phone with them and they took my credit card but not my order which I had previously emailed), and that it would be 7 to 10 business days til it ships. Two weeks now...a far cry from the "day or two" I was told on the phone by the woman who finally took my order.

Is it always this difficult to get information from them and simply place an order?

If you've bought from them, what's your experience been?

Is there an alternate to this company for the same quality boards?

I am extremely disappointed in this experience. It may be an aberration, but at this point if I could find another comparable supplier, I would be more than happy to go with them.

I can't speak to shipping because I am local to eGerber so I go pick them up but I called in, placed my order, they said it will take a few days and they will call. They called a few days later and I picked the boards up.

I have only ordered once though, so my experience may have just been luck but they seemed pretty on the ball to me.

I just fax everything to Gerber and they ship my stuff out within a week. They are not a professional office, but they get the job done. Just give them everything they need at one shot, and don't make it overly complicated.

I can't speak to shipping because I am local to eGerber so I go pick them up but I called in, placed my order, they said it will take a few days and they will call. They called a few days later and I picked the boards up.

I have only ordered once though, so my experience may have just been luck but they seemed pretty on the ball to me.

I do the same, order and pickup to save on shipping. I have ordered 4 times and 2 of those times they even took the order right from an email, the other 2 times they asked me to call.

I have not waited more than 2 days to get my email confirmation.

The last time I ordered direct from E. Gerber I had to talk to a supervisor in order to avoid an international shipping charge.........to New Mexico.

After that I started using Hot Flips. Never a problem.

The last time I ordered direct from E. Gerber I had to talk to a supervisor in order to avoid an international shipping charge.........to New Mexico.

lol

Last week I placed my first order with E. Gerber. 3 sets of bags and boards. Verified over e-mail that my order was still going through. I was told yes, and that they would ship out this week.

I live in Alaska and they said they will only ship via UPS. That was going to be a $90.00 shipping charge. I had them ship to a friend in the Lower 48 who will mail the package up to me.

They are pretty much stuck in the early 90's with regards to ordering from them.

Having said that, they have always got it done for me with just 1 phone call. Great products that you can also get from hotflips.

I phoned in my order for Mylite 2's and full backs in various sizes about 6 months ago.

They arrived here in PA 3 days later. I was amazed.

They do seem "behind the times" but when they're good they're great and they are less expensive because they are direct.

I've used Hot Flips in the past when I could pick them up in NJ, but they've moved across the river to NY somewere... :(

Let's be fair we do live in New Mexico. In my line of work I travel a lot and have had be ask me if a pass port is needed to fly in and out.

I know a lot of guys here use HotFlips and I'm considering giving them a crack.

Last time I contacted E.Gerber they put me onto Bob Cook Collectibles and he was the cheapest quote for product and shipping to Australia. It was all back and forth via email etc, but he was very helpful and speedy!

Cheers,

Dan

I'm the US. Never had a problem with them. Just call em up and they arrive within a week.

They have an awesome product. I deal with them exclusively.

I take advantage of this thread to ask for related advice:

Which option would you suggest to an italian customer to save on shipping for the backing boards? I have pretty much solved the problem of Mylite2 bags (awesome!) by buying them from a UK seller, but he does not stock boards.

Compared to the shipping cost for the bags, the backing boards look so expensive… and overseas shipping is pretty much out of the question… :(