• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,267 posts in this topic

When I saw this cover posted a couple months ago I loved it and began searching for a copy. The only one that I was able to find was one on Metropolis so I went ahead and picked it up. I probably paid too much for it but I just loved it so I couldn't pass on it. Metropolis graded it 7.0 and said it is from the Spokane Collection. It's a real beauty in hand. :)

Without further ado I bring you my City of the Living Dead.

cityofthelivingdeaddt5.jpg

When I saw this cover posted a couple months ago I loved it and began searching for a copy. The only one that I was able to find was one on Metropolis so I went ahead and picked it up. I probably paid too much for it but I just loved it so I couldn't pass on it. Metropolis graded it 7.0 and said it is from the Spokane Collection. It's a real beauty in hand. :)

Without further ado I bring you my City of the Living Dead.

cityofthelivingdeaddt5.jpg

aka the Metamorpho and Sapphire prototype cover.

Very nice copy!

Jack

As you probably guessed, I'm a big fan of this book. It's an Avon one-shot so you've got the complete run! :acclaim:

The only pre-code zombie bondage cover I know of too! :gossip:

The stories inside are great also.

It actually came yesterday but it did not come until later in the evening since it came by Fedex. I read it last night and agree that the stories are great. I really liked the story of the guy that had the heads of the natives that he had killed appear on his arms and him trying to remove them by cutting and burning them off. :headbang::)

It actually came yesterday but it did not come until later in the evening since it came by Fedex. I read it last night and agree that the stories are great. I really liked the story of the guy that had the heads of the natives that he had killed appear on his arms and him trying to remove them by cutting and burning them off. :headbang::)

1260652-City4thStoryPanel.jpg

:applause:

Bid on this on a lark and it turned out to be pretty nice. Really rich colors and gloss. Not bad for $50. White pages too!

uncannytales23.jpg

great book, great bargain. you da' man!

Trying hard not to start buying this stuff, what an awesome deal.

easy to get the bug; some great uncanny tales covers; i like this one as much as october's book, and i LOVE october's book--got the same great color combo in the logo.

uncanny.jpg

Here is a few that I have picked up in the last two weeks.

vaultofhorror35.jpg

the all-time greatest holiday cover. wonderful.

Was going to say that was the sweetest one of the group! Great cover!

Funny though, the wife doesn't look too thrilled with her present after her husband did such a nice job with the bow and all... :insane:

I broke down and overpaid for this copy at Heroes. I've owned other copies in the past, but never one that I felt was a "keeper". This one has nice sharp corners, edges, and gloss - and the paper is fantastic.

60618-CSS22a.jpg.29d8adaa3d265c75c3ff8aeef1ff67a4.jpg

I broke down and overpaid for this copy at Heroes. I've owned other copies in the past, but never one that I felt was a "keeper". This one has nice sharp corners, edges, and gloss - and the paper is fantastic.

what a funny-book. that one is WAY out the park.

Wow! Great book!! I wish mine was that nice :sorry: