• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,262 posts in this topic

BassGMan was really intriqued by this book, as were several other folks (both collectors and dealers). I admit it IS a nice one. Cameron sig on the art.

beyond20.jpg

I sure was. Thanks for posting these books here POV. Now I can reference them when need be. Yeah, I love this cover. I love seeing beautifully drawn women on a horror book cover. Also, in addition to the giant hand, the bats and moon really add to the effect of the piece.

I love mummy covers and Atlas did some fine ones!

mystic22.jpg

POV,

Great books, I also love mummy covers and this one rocks!

I have to comment that I've always liked the small side panel "teasers" on the Atlas books, the text always matched with the perfect image to convey the point.

"The Maid in the Iron Mask" is very creepy on this cover! thumbsup2.gif

strangemysteries12.jpg

hi.gif Pov --

A fantastic group of books, and books that look better in person, even if seen in low light under the influence of alcohol. grin.gif This one is my favorite of the haul, but I'd love to have most of them. thumbsup2.gif

Wow, POV, well I can surely see why you passed on that Witches Tales on ebay I tipped ya off to! Looks like you did really well for yourself indeed. Sheesh, at $50 bucks a pop for those precodes, you can't go wrong. Like you say, it surely helps to know the dealer.

Congrats on the many pickups! Hopefully next year I can be at SD and give you a little less elbow room! poke2.gif

Wow, POV, well I can surely see why you passed on that Witches Tales on ebay I tipped ya off to! Looks like you did really well for yourself indeed. Sheesh, at $50 bucks a pop for those precodes, you can't go wrong. Like you say, it surely helps to know the dealer.

Congrats on the many pickups! Hopefully next year I can be at SD and give you a little less elbow room! poke2.gif

Well 50 bucks a pop is not quite right. Prices varied a lot. Everything was under guide, though, except for that Crime Must Stop.

As far as the precode horror goes - here is the breakdown for what I paid. Still much cheaper than I have been seeing at Wondercon.

Adventures Into Terror #13…$52

Baffling Mysteries #8…$52

Beware Terror Tales #3…$54

Beyond, The #20…$32

Blue Bolt Weird Tales #117…$87

City Of The Living Dead #1…$100

Fantastic fears #3…$60

Fight Against Crime #12…$96

Fight Against Crime #16…$114

Forbidden Worlds #21…$35

Horror From The Tomb #1…$63

Journey Into Unknown Worlds #22…$42