• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,262 posts in this topic

I love ACG's TrueVision and they had some pretty cool issues of them. I have not got one this go around with collecting but had them in a previous collection. But I think the next con I hit one or two of these will be in the stack I get!

NICE river city copy, adamstrange!

My River City's number exactly two: an MD #5 and a Mysterious Adventures #21.

Besides the horror Adventures Into the Unknown issues (#51-59), ACG also had some Romance 3-D issues, and Romance/Comedy ("Cookie" was the name I think.)

Of the horror, #51 is the only one to have a 3-D drawn white cover... then black covers until #59, which does have a 3-D story inside, but a conventional (and not that great) cover.

I have a couple of the black cover issues - adamstrange's are nicer shape - but I do have the white-cover #51.

Except of course, mine's coverless!

Besides the horror Adventures Into the Unknown issues (#51-59), ACG also had some Romance 3-D issues, and Romance/Comedy ("Cookie" was the name I think.)

The Romance titles receiving the 3D treatment were Confessions of the Lovelorn and Romantic Adventures.

The Humor titles were Cookie and The Kilroys and finally there was also Commander Battle and the Atomic Submarine.

Nice catch, Scrooge, on the other titles. I am aware of them but helped a friend put his set together (of the horror and Commander Battle) -- all I got were the leftovers. frown.gif

I think it's screwy.gif for that grade, but some fool will probably come along..... insane.gif

I've worked with the seller of that Horriffic #3 before...he's a decent guy, though his prices tend to run high. Seems to consistently get classic GA books, though.

I bought a behthlehem raw Witches Tales from him, and paid a little too much, but it was a book I "had" to have (classic devil cover). Seller graded it a raw VF+, and it came back from CGC an 8.0. Not too shabby.

I bet somebody will jump on the horrific, though it's too expensive for me to justify.

It's probably about $100 too high. I could see someone buying it at the $299 price though... it's a really sought after book, even though I'm not that into it. I _much_ prefer Horrific #1 and #2.

Ever since Adamstrange posted his copy I've been on the lookout for my own.

Aside from the glaring mis-cut, this book was in nice shape so I had to nab it!

And that cover! cloud9.gif

913001-WorldsOfFear%233.jpg

I thought the ad on the back with the hands was pretty cool also so here it is...

913001-WorldsOfFear%233Back.jpg

589a8d15c9efc_913001-WorldsOfFear3Back.jpg.b27c8286991aaaf94c6e5c84bd54ebf1.jpg

That is a great one! I believe there is a shelly moldoff re-creation of that book floating around on ebay somewhere...hold on...

Yep, found it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Worlds-of-FEAR-3-She...1QQcmdZViewItem

What a great link and congrats to Jayman. Isn't it more fun to have one to look at in person than just looking at a scan? Also, have you read the first story, yet?

That is a great one! I believe there is a shelly moldoff re-creation of that book floating around on ebay somewhere...hold on...

Yep, found it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Worlds-of-FEAR-3-She...1QQcmdZViewItem

What a great link and congrats to Jayman. Isn't it more fun to have one to look at in person than just looking at a scan? Also, have you read the first story, yet?

Yes it is! It is true that the scan doesn't do the colors justice, that is why i forgave the miscut in favor of the rich colors this cover has. And yes also to having read the storys (the best part of having any book)! The Hiroshima story was great, followed by the Pirate story, with the Strangler story coming in third for me.

Here is the first panel for others to enjoy...

914009-Gkloooms.jpg

This panel was my favorite from the story! Those nasty Gkmloooms! tongue.gif

914009-Gkloooms2.jpg

914009-Gkloooms2.jpg.e25cbc68931ab0bba6c88ad28a22a7e9.jpg