• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,257 posts in this topic

I thought this went cheap. Kind of a cool cover and one you don't see every day.

RAD14A4120141223_163740_zpsd2bd08b6-1.jpg

I don't have any of those. Most are post code so I never looked at any of them. Anybody know if the contents are good?

Without the CCA seal, would this copy count as pre-code?

I've never had a raw copy, so I'm not sure about the contents. I think issues 19 and 20 had Stuntman reprints.

What CCA seal? This book doesn't have one, what with a cover date of December, 1954. I think they first appeared on books dated March of '55.

This issue, according to the OSPG, reprints Tomb of Terror 1. I have a copy, and with stories like The Dead Awaken, and Wax Museum, ain't no way this book would ever pass the code censorship, eh eh.

I would certainly recommend getting a hold of a reading copy.

here's a new one for me a robot cover

Brick Bradford 6

I got this from Robotman at the yorba linda show

yes I know Robotman selling a robot cover their must be some deeper

meaning in that I guess we'll have to wait and see

Good to finally meet you "officially" in my alter ego persona Hap. Glad you like the book. Sorry it wasn't better but I upgraded that to a nice Crippen copy a while back and didn't need two. I was kinda surprised it stayed on the wall so long at Terry's show. I'm just a small collector and I think a lot of the "big boys" just passed me by. I had a lot of obscure books, cover books and not a whole lot of Marvels and GA DC's ect on my wall. I brought about 5 long boxes of 1/2 guide SA DC's/Marvels and only came home with about 1/2 of them. Was a great show.

I saw Robotman there too, but he didn't bring my JoJo...he just made fun of my "Paul" books :sorry:

Sorry Brian, I forgot and gave it to the kid down the street on Sat before the show. I'll bet you really had to whine and beat that guide to get that BEAUTIFUL Star Spangled #92 outta Jim!

I got this off Clink too (sorry it's not a better scan).

a73368f4168c6e1c986cc1e9b1e855e980f4c958.jpg

I thought I had a raw copy somewhere but I haven't been able to find it so....

I think this is one of the better "headlight" covers.

Whoa! that one was really pushing the envelope!

I'm going to have to pick up one of these some day. Looks decent for a 3.5.

I was really happy to win this Wanted 49 on ebay. It went higher than what one might expect for the title, but still relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of books from the era.

Though I've had a few issues of Wanted for years, I hadn't thought much about this issue until a boardie posted a copy recently, and then I just had to have one, especially when realizing it had two Harry Anderson drawn stories inside.

John Buscema shows an early skill for dynamic composition with a cover that would be pretty nifty even without the eye catching pink monochrome coloring. Notable in OSPG for "unstable pink"cover inks, but also came in red based on the cover scanned for CBplus. It would be cool to find one of those as well.

<a  href=wanted049_zpsa06c5ee8.jpg' alt='wanted04

I was really happy to win this Wanted 49 on ebay. It went higher than what one might expect for the title, but still relatively inexpensive compared to a lot of books from the era.

Though I've had a few issues of Wanted for years, I hadn't thought much about this issue until a boardie posted a copy recently, and then I just had to have one, especially when realizing it had two Harry Anderson drawn stories inside.

John Buscema shows an early skill for dynamic composition with a cover that would be pretty nifty even without the eye catching pink monochrome coloring. Notable in OSPG for "unstable pink"cover inks, but also came in red based on the cover scanned for CBplus. It would be cool to find one of those as well.

<a  href=wanted049_zpsa06c5ee8.jpg' alt='wanted04

Cool book.

I like those Wanteds with the pink covers...There seems to be a few Buscema covers from that era that were pink or purple...

Here is the other pink Buscema cover for Wanted. A surrealistic classic.

702461-wanted50.jpg

About my favorite crime title. I have a good part of the run, and these later issues combine a bit of a horror element into the stories.

"Eyes of Vengeance", the lead story in #49, would be at home in any horror comic.

29w398l.jpg

About my favorite crime title. I have a good part of the run, and these later issues combine a bit of a horror element into the stories.

"Eyes of Vengeance", the lead story in #49, would be at home in any horror comic.

29w398l.jpg

Great pick-up! Yeah, most of the last 8 or so issues of Wanted have pretty good horror content. Lots of "dope" stories and violence. The surrealistic issue is one of my favorites. So is #52. Has a dope story called "Cult of the Killers". VERY wild, graphic horror story. There are some great covers on the earlier as well like the green spider cover and the devil/flame cover. These are very underrated and undervalued. (I can say this because I have most of them). Next time I'm in the box, I'll scan a few for you guys.