• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,225 posts in this topic

I recently picked up a bunch of PCH books. Here is one I thought was funny.

image_zps83560b88.jpg

What else ya get? :baiting:

Web of Evil 5

Strange Fantasy 11

Beware 16 (4)

Unseen 6 & 14

TMIH 15

I also got a lot of Headlight,Bondage and hitler covers Over 50 GA goodies. Some keepers and Some Clinkers

Hi Guys. I've been wanting to get in on the fun over here for a long time. Pre-code horror is probably my favorite era. Like fifties, I've got pretty complete runs of them. I am missing a few spotty issues mostly Atlas. About the only ones I don't have near full runs of would be ACG and St. John (not lurid enough for me I guess). Since, you have probably seen most of the usual suspects, I thought I might start out with a few more obscure fringe titles.

Here are 3 books not really straight horror but very horror related. They pre-date the onslaught of horror books of the 1950's.

comspook_zpsf7b0c299.jpg

comrolypoly_zps43113ce7.jpg

comfrontpage_zpsf14aea7d.jpg

Here are two western/horror crossover titles usually overlooked by most horror collectors. Both are pretty good with decent content. Both are published by Youthful just before they changed over to Beware and the like. The surrounding issues are worth a look as well.

Not that anyone probably cares but the first one is the Crippen copy...

combuffalobill_zpsb77fa4ff.jpg

comgunsmoke_zps3c1793f3.jpg

Here is an unusual English book that has content by Atlas and Fawcett. I have a few more somewhere.

comspellboundenglish_zps7945bcc9.jpg

Glad you're posting here RM!

Great books but this one is terrific, love how the man is part insect! (thumbs u

When you get to it, I'd love to see a close up scan of your Voodoo Annual too! :wishluck:

About the only ones I don't have near full runs of would be ACG and St. John (not lurid enough for me I guess). Since, you have probably seen most of the usual suspects, I thought I might start out with a few more obscure fringe titles.

Thanks for showing those, very interesting! I too have the Roly.Poly bleedin' 'ead issue.

AFA ACG, I have fairly complete runs of the later issues of Adventures Into The Unknown, and Forbidden Worlds. I would say that each of the '53 and later books all had at least one good story, although generally not on the gore level as The Thing or Mister Mystery.

St. John, agreed, pretty antiseptic AFA gore, but they also had some interesting stories.

Here are two western/horror crossover titles usually overlooked by most horror collectors. Both are pretty good with decent content. Both are published by Youthful just before they changed over to Beware and the like. The surrounding issues are worth a look as well.

Not that anyone probably cares but the first one is the Crippen copy...

combuffalobill_zpsb77fa4ff.jpg

comgunsmoke_zps3c1793f3.jpg

Never seen those before. Great books that should be required by completists.

Gore, man gore! The tame ones just don't float my boat. I have what I like in St John. (Annuals, great covers and good artists). But, I see no need anymore to "complete" those titles. ACG, I like the early ones (great covers and art by Williamson ect). The rest just don't jazz me enough. I will make an exception with ACG though. The Clutching Hand one shot is FULL of gore. Very unlike this publisher. Any body have a copy handy to post? Maybe some of the good panels inside? Mine is buried deep...

About the only ones I don't have near full runs of would be ACG and St. John (not lurid enough for me I guess). Since, you have probably seen most of the usual suspects, I thought I might start out with a few more obscure fringe titles.

Thanks for showing those, very interesting! I too have the Roly.Poly bleedin' 'ead issue.

AFA ACG, I have fairly complete runs of the later issues of Adventures Into The Unknown, and Forbidden Worlds. I would say that each of the '53 and later books all had at least one good story, although generally not on the gore level as The Thing or Mister Mystery.

St. John, agreed, pretty antiseptic AFA gore, but they also had some interesting stories.