• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,238 posts in this topic

So apparently I've lost my mind. But here are the rewards for losing it.

11u7zoo.jpg

2mgmpuu.jpg

....actually, the one's who have lost their mind's are the one's who DIDN'T go after those books. What comics could be cooler ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

11u7zoo.jpg

2mgmpuu.jpg

....actually, the one's who have lost their mind's are the one's who DIDN'T go after those books. What comics could be cooler ? GOD BLESS...

I tried my hardest for the #5, but alas I couldn't compete. :sorry:

11u7zoo.jpg

2mgmpuu.jpg

Ah Jimbo, thank you for being the evil angel on my shoulder that's telling me GOOD JOB!!!

11u7zoo.jpg

2mgmpuu.jpg

Pre-code horror doesn't get any better than these! :applause:

And the sharpest logo EVER......in the history of all comicdom. If the # 5 had also contained a Bill Everett story, the sheer intensity of the book's quality would have created a space-time warp in it's immediate vicinity....rendering ownership impossible.....especially if the Everett story had a large example of his signature on it's hypothetical splash page....GOD BLESS...

P.S. I got shot out of the water @ $ 1400.....but no hard feelings :foryou:

Edited by jimjum12

11u7zoo.jpg

2mgmpuu.jpg

Ah Jimbo, thank you for being the evil angel on my shoulder that's telling me GOOD JOB!!!

Just to echo Jim's POV, those books on those grades come around once every half decade or so . GPA doesn't even have data for them in those grades, so even though you paid serious wedge, at least you're guaranteed to have bragging rights for the foreseeable future regarding them.

Weird Mysteries 4 was the book that got me into non-E.C. PCH (it was featured in a classic issue of CBM) and is many people's favorite pre-code book, at least in terms of covers. Just truly bizarre. And no need to big up # 5.....

And the sharpest logo EVER......in the history of all comicdom. If the # 5 had also contained a Bill Everett story, the sheer intensity of the book's quality would have created a space-time warp in it's immediate vicinity....rendering ownership impossible.....especially if the Everett story had a large example of his signature on it's hypothetical splash page....GOD BLESS...

P.S. I got shot out of the water @ $ 1400.....but no hard feelings :foryou:

The Wolveton story and art it does have is pretty good though. (thumbs u