• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,239 posts in this topic

Here ya go:

No. 12, Volume 1, 1st print, Mr. Publ/SPM Publ/Stanmore (1953)

( 8.0 ) - - - - $2,875 Jul-2003

( 5.0 ) (1) $1,200 - - - $1,200 Sep-2010

( 4.5 ) - (1) $1,315 - - $1,315 Feb-2011

( 4.0 ) - - (1) $911 - $911 Feb-2012

( 3.5 ) (1) $502 - - - $502 Sep-2010

( 2.5 ) - (1) $448 (2) $441 - $433 Jan-2012

( 1.5 ) - - - - $203 Jul-2007

It appears as I have paid a bit more...haha. Well, it's been on my want list for years and I try to collect the top census when possible. They are worth what we will pay for them!

True, and it is a gorgeous book... Hopefully that price will trickle down and the value of mine will climb a bit.. not that I plan on selling anytime soon.

Ouch...that one hurt

w6pmvl.jpg

Awesome book! Congratulations! :applause:

^Twistty - is your True Crime restored? I can't tell in that pic...I love your row of books there...I have all but two

I was just looking at it thinking that it looks that way in the pic as well. No it's not restored, it's the D copy with just an extremely bright Heritage scan making it seem like it is.

Edited by Twistty1

It appears as I have paid a bit more...haha. Well, it's been on my want list for years and I try to collect the top census when possible. They are worth what we will pay for them!

I'm guessing most top 10 PCH classic covers have increased 3 fold in high grade since 2003, so I'm not surprised. When one thinks about what top classic cover GA superhero books sell for, the big PCH books still seem reasonable (well almost) :D

I'm guessing most top 10 PCH classic covers have increased 3 fold in high grade since 2003, so I'm not surprised. When one thinks about what top classic cover GA superhero books sell for, the big PCH books still seem reasonable (well almost) :D

This is a statement I agree with, but it certainly is getting too deep for me to swim in the pre-code waters much anymore. I have picked up a book here and there, but they have been books that I have been patiently waiting on to come around, and have been through channels that don't involve the big auction houses. Much more selective these days than I used to be, but I have to be.

This is a statement I agree with, but it certainly is getting too deep for me to swim in the pre-code waters much anymore. I have picked up a book here and there, but they have been books that I have been patiently waiting on to come around, and have been through channels that don't involve the big auction houses. Much more selective these days than I used to be, but I have to be.

I completely agree. Most of the books I've managed to pick up over the last couple of years have been private sales. I just can't afford to purchase through these auction houses and pay top dollar anymore.

There are just a few that I told myself I will pick up at the first sight...but again, I'm trying to put together the top tier of all pre-codes so I don't get to be as selective sometimes.

When you're ready to let that True Crime go, you know who to talk to!

There are just a few that I told myself I will pick up at the first sight...but again, I'm trying to put together the top tier of all pre-codes so I don't get to be as selective sometimes.

(thumbs u I'll let you know if I do... It's actually it's off getting regraded right now along with my True Crime 2. :wishluck:

Edited by Twistty1

Have to salute you on manning up there. That's the first blue label 8.0 I've seen for sale anywhere in years, with little chance of any more turning up, so you did the right thing. Nice looking copy, too.

Have to salute you on manning up there. That's the first blue label 8.0 I've seen for sale anywhere in years, with little chance of any more turning up, so you did the right thing. Nice looking copy, too.

+1 I doubt the market on this one will get soft any time soon and just finding a decent copy is impossible. Great pickup!

Thanks Goldust and Cheetah, I was tossing and turning all night thinking maybe I spent a bit much,.,then I slept like a baby after reminding myself I just got a MM12 8.0 blue label.

You paid way too much, but so will anyone else who really wants a high grade icon these days. We just have to adjust our expectations upwards once again, and realise that for books like this prices are continuing to rise, even though the market may be arguably quite static for most "average" material. There are still bargains to be had, but unless, oh, say three better copies are sprung loose by this sale, - and probably even then - you've made a very sound investment. So sleep well (with the book in your arms?)

Congratulations on a wonderful book!

Thanks Goldust and Cheetah, I was tossing and turning all night thinking maybe I spent a bit much,.,then I slept like a baby after reminding myself I just got a MM12 8.0 blue label.

You paid way too much, but so will anyone else who really wants a high grade icon these days. We just have to adjust our expectations upwards once again, and realise that for books like this prices are continuing to rise, even though the market may be arguably quite static for most "average" material. There are still bargains to be had, but unless, oh, say three better copies are sprung loose by this sale, - and probably even then - you've made a very sound investment. So sleep well (with the book in your arms?)

Congratulations on a wonderful book!

Great post.