• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

It must be about 10 years since I got my copies - I've had lower grade copies of #17 and #19 in the distant past. The #17 ws a CGC 6.0 from Ebay which I think cost about $400; the #18 came from Boyd Rowden and as I recall was $475 (small piece professionally reattached top right, so apparent 8.0 or something) close; the #19 came from Jim Payette - it was part of an original owner horror collection and was also $475 and graded 7.5, a bit harsh as it's very beautiful. The strongest stories are in #17 and #18 I'd say. #19 definitely has a last issue feel to it. Artwork is still great though.

Venus1760.jpg

Venus1870.jpg

Venus1975.jpg

Beautiful books Michael. Just add that 19 onto my tab please... ;)

I passed on dannyboy's copy of the # 18 several years ago for what would be a nice price today. I even PMed October about pricing range back then. I ended up buying Golddust's copy off his site thanks to Jimjum's tip-off it was listed there.

Oh! Notice how all these same people are still talking about the same book today lol

We're fans. Good to see that our keenness for the title is still strong.

I passed on dannyboy's copy of the # 18 several years ago for what would be a nice price today. I even PMed October about pricing range back then. I ended up buying Golddust's copy off his site thanks to Jimjum's tip-off it was listed there.

Oh! Notice how all these same people are still talking about the same book today lol

....it's the kind of stuff you never get tired of. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. I really miss your website, Andy.

I miss it too!

I miss it too!

Thanks gents. May reboot it at some point....

I've only been able to get the Venus 19. It made my top cover list I compilied a couple years ago in the undead thread. Im still on the hunt for a Venus 17 and 18. I've come close, but I always seem to miss out on them. I also need a Cap America 74 and 75 for the PreCode collection.... Those are gonna be some tough books to get.

And I miss Andy's site too!

-Christian

You know you're an addict when, even though you're in the process of selling off your collection, you can't resist a great deal...

StrangeMysteries011951-0940.jpg

StrangeMysteries021951-1135.jpg

StrangeMysteries061952-0760spinesplit.jpg

StrangeMysteries071952-0940.jpg

StrangeMysteries081952-1140.jpg

StrangeMysteries091953-0140.jpg

Great run, with some OTT covers (especially number 6, which rarely turns up). Nice pickups.

Nice. You do know it's the Canadian edition, right. I don't know if there is anything different between the two or if the value is different but it jumped right out at me as being the Canadian edition.