• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

DSC_0074920x1280_zpsfb2ef0d7.jpg

What's that book like on the inside?

It's not to bad. I purchased this book because of it's mention in SOTI. There's a lot of Evans art inside, but it's not his best work. I put this one into my "might sell before an interesting auction" pile. Here are a few pages:

DSC_0003930x1280_zpsa5209c37.jpg

DSC_0004878x1280_zps26c71829.jpg

DSC_0005916x1280_zps011b5a3b.jpg

Roy Thomas and PS Artbooks have collected Captain Video. I haven't read them but I figure there must be something to them if they are willing to put the time, effort, and cost into reprinting them in those nice PS Artbooks HC editions. Obviously Roy Thomas has a soft spot for the series!

I did not buy the Captain Video volume. I might go for it when they publish the SC, I'm already buying so many of their HC's. There are so many reprints being published now, that one has to make choices.

I like the PCH and Fiction House reprints a lot though.

I still haven't asked Fred about the Black Cat volume you are missing Andy, I kinda forgot about that. I will see him next week and ask him about it.

I haven't posted anything new in awhile, so here's one I just acquired.

mra50_zps37955ee9.jpg

Nice Twist caught my eye ever since Michael sold his copy.Congrats!!

Edited by comicjack

Ripper cover. The similarities between ME's Starr Flagg(aka Undercovergirl), and Atlas' Venus as far as 'blonde in red' in outrageous situations on the cover are startling(although the Venus covers are far more revered and known) the Starr Manhunt covers are no slackers, and Starr did debut in Manhunt before the Venus run :sumo: . Manhunt6_zpsa13f801d.jpg

I haven't posted anything new in awhile, so here's one I just acquired.

mra50_zps37955ee9.jpg

Nice Twist caught my eye ever since Michael sold his copy.Congrats!!

Thanks! That was a nice copy, I just couldn't swing it at the time. Glad Sqeggs ended up with it. I was very happy when I located this consolation, to say the least.

Ripper cover. The similarities between ME's Starr Flagg(aka Undercovergirl), and Atlas' Venus as far as 'blonde in red' in outrageous situations on the cover are startling(although the Venus covers are far more revered and known) the Starr Manhunt covers are no slackers, and Starr did debut in Manhunt before the Venus run :sumo: . Manhunt6_zpsa13f801d.jpg

I've always liked this Whitney cover, very creepy.

Love this cover! This book was totally worth buying, rip or no rip!

Thanks Brad, you are a comic enthusiast, always nice things to say. Happy collecting buddy!

No problem! I can't get enough of 'em. Keep those comics coming!! I just wish I had more stuff from this era to show you guys, but they are currently a bit outta my price range.

Thanks Brad, you are a comic enthusiast, always nice things to say. Happy collecting buddy!