• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I think the newsstand tried to return the comic to the wrong distributor. Someone other than ANC was distributing those books and when you had returns you had to give them to the correct distributor.

MYFIRST EVER PRECODE914062ba-18ec-4ee2-9e96-566b6396bd88_zps12753aaa.jpg

Congrats on joining the PCH club! :applause:

My awesome score of the week :whee:

Inside first page stamp Raymond Miller - anyone know if Raymond was anybody in the Golden Age of comics industry, or just Joe reader?

an81.jpg

There was a Raymond Miller that was a big name fan in the early days of comics. Incredible knowledge of comics and wrote an "Information Please" column in Rocket's Blast that was later taken over by Don Rosa when he was "just" a fan.

I don't know if he stamped his name on comics in his collection, but that was not uncommon in the 1960's.

Oh....I got this twenty five years ago...just sneakin it in..

this is more recent

plusone176.jpg

Tales of Horror is a good little run, with somewhat above average art work and stories. I believe however that issues 9, 10, & 11 reprint The Purple Claw, so those wouldn't be horror books.