• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Technically yes. It's on the list. But since it's reprints I kind of passed it by. If it wern't for that Baker cover, I probably wouldn't care that much.

Fifties: I was going to post back but I don't have a photo of the Unknown World in my bucket on account that it is a pedigree and in another box. So stay tuned...

By the way, you are lacking the last issue of Voodoo. Just because it has a pretty girl on the cover it isn't a Vooda until the next issue.

And you passed on the annual for $35.??? Wow, you are cheap!

Regarding Voodoo #1, yes, didn't appear to be the best in horror stories, so I too passed on it, and the same for the very last issue. RM, does that last issue have good stories in it? Thought it would just be Jungle stuff.

AFA the annual, how did you know that it was originally priced at about $35.00? Yes, was going to spring for it, and the dealer came back and said they had made a mistake, and it was now $42. No way, Jose, not gonna rip me off. Guess I showed them! doh!

Will wait for you to counter the SS From Another World with what you have.

Technically yes. It's on the list. But since it's reprints I kind of passed it by. If it wern't for that Baker cover, I probably wouldn't care that much.

Fifties: I was going to post back but I don't have a photo of the Unknown World in my bucket on account that it is a pedigree and in another box. So stay tuned...

By the way, you are lacking the last issue of Voodoo. Just because it has a pretty girl on the cover it isn't a Vooda until the next issue.

And you passed on the annual for $35.??? Wow, you are cheap!

Regarding Voodoo #1, yes, didn't appear to be the best in horror stories, so I too passed on it, and the same for the very last issue. RM, does that last issue have good stories in it? Thought it would just be Jungle stuff.

AFA the annual, how did you know that it was originally priced at about $35.00? Yes, was going to spring for it, and the dealer came back and said they had made a mistake, and it was now $42. No way, Jose, not gonna rip me off. Guess I showed them! doh!

Will wait for you to counter the SS From Another World with what you have.

I can't remember exactly is in the last issue of Voodoo. I think it is a mix or jungle/horror and horror stories. I love the cover. Perhaps one of these "lurkers" can chime in.

I've owned 3 copies of the Voodoo Annual. First one was a beater and cost me 25 bucks. I paid considerably more for my current copy...

OK, got to keep it rolling. Since we are on Fawcett, I don't think I've posted this nifty little run. Lots of GREAT covers on these. #10 is one of my all time favorite PCH covers. How you doing on this run???

comworldsoffearrun_zpso6zeuxsq.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

OK, got to keep it rolling. Since we are on Fawcett, I don't think I've posted this nifty little run. Lots of GREAT covers on these. #10 is one of my all time favorite PCH covers. How you doing on this run???

Nice!

I had about half of it then gave up. Got to impatient as per usual.

knock my sox off

I double-knot my shoelaces before reading any of Robotman's posts.

Piece of cake; :wink:

iz45mt.jpg

I'm actually sorta partial to #9, myself.

How are you fixed for Dark Mysteries? I'm just missing the first 2 issues, AFA pre-code;

20fb912.jpg

j7vxuq.jpg

2r4742p.jpg

9rj6og.jpg

Yeah, that Worlds of Fear #9 is a close second. I've seen a number of books with that theme though. The #10 is totally different. I wonder how Wertham missed it?

Dark Mysteries is one of my favorite runs. Very wild contents and too many great covers to pick a favorite. I do have #1 and #2. Bought them from a small hole in the wall comic store I found by accident. Got 'em on my honeymoon over 35 years ago in San Francisco. First two of this title I found. Was attracted by the cool Wally Wood covers.I soon found the rest most in real nice shape. They were way off the radar back then and a collector could afford to be picky. I even picked up the last post code issue just to be complete.

comdarkmysteriescompleterun_zpszuixfwf3.jpg

comdarkmysteries13_zps1tsuxqo8.jpg

comdarkmysteries10_zpsubxrgha5.jpg

Edited by Robot Man

Since we are talking Mysteries... How about it's sister title? Mysterious Adventures? Also a great, very gory run. The covers seem too get more "off the hook" as it progressed. I liked it so much, I even got the last two post code issues just to be complete. Got any of these??? (I suspect you just might...)

commysteriousadvsrun_zpsx4iv4v9z.jpg

A few larger shots of some ones I really like...

comysteriousadvs19_zpshtaro7ka.jpg

comysteriousadvs13_zps5cchgdir.jpg

Wha...Mysterious Adventures? Do I have any? Well...Just a few;

jtx638.jpg

jrsew4.jpg

15eicy1.jpg

2gtdz5s.jpg

Just missing the first and last. Notice the cover of issue 24, as compared to Dark Mysteries' issue 4...

2aj6dtt.jpg

120gu94.jpg

Now I reckon I guess I had better display a complete run of something more than 6 issues or they might boot me outa this thread, eh eh. How are you fixed for Story Comic's Fight Against Crime? Here are all of them;

vddb8i.jpg

35hrd49.jpg

2qv5v8x.jpg

You seem to be missing some books fifties... You better open that wallet if you want to keep up with me.

Fight Against Crime... a very fun title. I'll have to dig the boxes tonight and see what I can scrape up. I'm sure I got a few.

Don't want to blow our wads all in one day anyway.

I don't think anybody seems to be getting anything new. The title of this thread is "Recent Pre-Code Purchases" Most of our postings are books we have had for 30-40 years in my case and maybe 50 in yours.

What do you guys think? Are we hogging this thread? Should we slow down a bit and give somebody else a chance?

Not sure which thread to post this one in .... one of my favorites in some recent books I purchased. really nice gloss on this one. Thanks Jim. (thumbs u

Jumbo_zps2olnxu5q.jpg

Great book, and a really nice copy! This one is my favorite of the short Jumbo horror run.

Not sure which thread to post this one in .... one of my favorites in some recent books I purchased. really nice gloss on this one. Thanks Jim. (thumbs u

Jumbo_zps2olnxu5q.jpg

Awesome book, congrats! (thumbs u

Hey RM! Speaking for myself, I am greatly enjoying the "Deuling Banjos" you and fifties are dealing out! Sure this thread goes off track from time to time but always in a good way such as this. Plus I'm sure others are digging it as well! :headbang: