• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

I'm curious which one will squeal first.

'Splain, please.

This should provide the full story, if you are not familiar with it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deliverance

'Splain, please.

Whoo doggies! Let's just say it's kind of a southern thing. And since the fine southern gentleman Mr Evans seems to know so much about it, maybe he should "splain" it to you.

And fifties, just between you and I, I suspect with the fine collection he has, Richard has had to "squeel" a lot more than we have...

OK now,now that is behind us, you asked to see my complete collection of Fight Again Crime. Didn't take long to whip them out so here you go. Again, I even got the last post code one for icing on the cake...

comfightagainstcrimerun_zpspanucscs.jpg

And a few full size ones I have in my bucket

comfightagainstcrime8_zpsgq5sxhy6.jpg

comfightagainstcrime12_zpscdb8ohrs.jpg

comfightagainstcrime19_zpssqikzg1y.jpg

comfightagainstcrime20_zpsflcdzohd.jpg

Now I wanted to play fair fifties but you have put me in a bit of a pickle now. I was willing to just do horror runs but you brought horror/crime books into the picture. You don't know who you're messing with. You might have met your Waterloo now my friend. Got the run of these? Very tough. I just got the last one I needed several months ago from a boardie.

comcrimemysteriesrun_zpse3cb7ukn.jpg

And a few full size ones:

comcrimemysteries4_zps00sxfjny.jpg

comcrimemysteries8_zpsgzka3yak.jpg

comcrimemysteries11_zps2r0b6y07.jpg

Now I wanted to play fair fifties but you have put me in a bit of a pickle now. I was willing to just do horror runs but you brought horror/crime books into the picture. You don't know who you're messing with. You might have met your Waterloo now my friend. Got the run of these? Very tough. I just got the last one I needed several months ago from a boardie.

comcrimemysteriesrun_zpse3cb7ukn.jpg

And a few full size ones:

comcrimemysteries4_zps00sxfjny.jpg

comcrimemysteries8_zpsgzka3yak.jpg

comcrimemysteries11_zps2r0b6y07.jpg

Love Crime Mysteries, I'm only five issues away from completing the run. Some of them are really tough, 5 , 7 and 12 come to mind quickly. 2 and 3 are two of my favorite covers from any genre. :applause: Edited by Sagii

'Splain, please.

Dueling Banjos

Deliverance

Ned Beatty

'Splain, please.

Dueling Banjos

Deliverance

Ned Beatty

OK, thx. Glad you're enjoying seeing virtually full runs. Too bad your pristine 9.8's can't be read...:wink:

less,talk.more purty pictureses

Where are YOUR pretty pictures Jimmers???

honest,im too weak to lift the mag boxes and sort.....ive loads,of,stuff to share :sorry:

Relax little brother. Just enjoy the show. :)

'Splain, please.

Dueling Banjos

Deliverance

Ned Beatty

Otis got raped? :ohnoez:

Yeah; he got cornholed.

OK, now back to bizness. RM, I forgot about Fight Against The Guilty, the continuation of Fight Against Crime. I just have one. I can't imagine anything lamer than a post code crime comic, so didn't bother with the final issue.

k1yro4.jpg

So you again edge me out. I did the FAC run since we were doing Story comics, and their title does say, horror and terror, so it seemed like a good match. The stories, as you also know, do have those elements in them.

AFA Crime Mysteries, I was never too thrilled with their stories, so didn't exactly open my wallet too wide for them. I have about half -or a little more- of the run;

21njhb9.jpg

How is your Beware run?

2mhy7wn.jpg

'Splain, please.

Dueling Banjos

Deliverance

Ned Beatty

OK, thx. Glad you're enjoying seeing virtually full runs. Too bad your pristine 9.8's can't be read...:wink:

less,talk.more purty pictureses

Where are YOUR pretty pictures Jimmers???

honest,im too weak to lift the mag boxes and sort.....ive loads,of,stuff to share :sorry:

Relax little brother. Just enjoy the show. :)

'Splain, please.

Dueling Banjos

Deliverance

Ned Beatty

Otis got raped? :ohnoez:

Yeah; he got cornholed.

OK, now back to bizness. RM, I forgot about Fight Against The Guilty, the continuation of Fight Against Crime. I just have one. I can't imagine anything lamer than a post code crime comic, so didn't bother with the final issue.

k1yro4.jpg

So you again edge me out. I did the FAC run since we were doing Story comics, and their title does say, horror and terror, so it seemed like a good match. The stories, as you also know, do have those elements in them.

AFA Crime Mysteries, I was never too thrilled with their stories, so didn't exactly open my wallet too wide for them. I have about half -or a little more- of the run;

21njhb9.jpg

How is your Beware run?

2mhy7wn.jpg

I think this officially constitutes a "squeal"...Believe me fifties, you don't want to challenge my crime stuff...

Beware run? Why I believe complete both Trojan and Youthful Pubs...

combewarerun_zpsqw5khn5a.jpg

Here's my Beware/Youthful run. I'll do the Haunted Thrills tomorrow. I think I have most or all of 'em, except for #1.

23m535y.jpg

Seriously, you two, I'm enjoying this thread like crazy! Seeing entire runs of these titles photographed together is beyond cool. And the latest photos? Farrells are scarce as hen's teeth in decent shape, and some issues of Beware are near impossible to find these days. Stunning groups of books-congrats to you both on the achievement.