• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

Big ups to boardie BC who hooked me up with Chilling Tales 15, and helped me complete this run. It has eluded me, and I'm pretty stoked to finally get a pretty copy. One of my favorite PCH covers - by Matt Fox.

bf2e5ce3-8e73-4d1c-9c5f-bfcb451c211b_zpseyjnjfzh.jpg

(thumbs u Very nice! Congrats.

Very nice!

There is something to like on every one of those covers, not to mention some great stories inside. I think the Strange Fantasy is particularly spooky! :applause:

Agreed!

Ajax/Farrell had a talent for artwork in both the covers and stories that could creep you out!

Very nice!

There is something to like on every one of those covers, not to mention some great stories inside. I think the Strange Fantasy is particularly spooky! :applause:

Agreed!

Ajax/Farrell had a talent for artwork in both the covers and stories that could creep you out!

Absolutely agree-it's almost like the lack of "polish" made the art more creepy: weird perspectives, odd looking people, monsters and corpses (sometimes looking different from panel to panel); they really succeeded in creating unease.

Very nice!

Yes, saw the cover and had to have it. Just such a creepy cover. Haven't been collecting PCH too long but the covers grabbed my attention and some of the stories are so good.

So I had bought this issue about a dozen years ago or so, for $250 in VG condition. Agonized over the investment cost, so ended up selling it for I don't remember how much. Then agonized over not having it, so was happy to pick this copy up in somewhat lesser condition for about half the above cost, last month.

I know that I'm "preaching to the choir" about now, eh eh. See how complex collecting comic books can become? ;)

fnv0uc.jpg

Then there was this book, which would certainly be "politically incorrect" in this day and age, bagged last month as well. The cover is the best thing going for it, BTW.

2m7z21g.jpg

So I had bought this issue about a dozen years ago or so, for $250 in VG condition. Agonized over the investment cost, so ended up selling it for I don't remember how much. Then agonized over not having it, so was happy to pick this copy up in somewhat lesser condition for about half the above cost, last month.

I know that I'm "preaching to the choir" about now, eh eh. See how complex collecting comic books can become? ;)

fnv0uc.jpg

Then there was this book, which would certainly be "politically incorrect" in this day and age, bagged last month as well. The cover is the best thing going for it, BTW.

2m7z21g.jpg

Those are some crazy covers for sure, thanks for sharing!