• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,223 posts in this topic

21 minutes ago, Ricksneatstuff said:

Picked this up tonight. 

IMG_3919.PNG

Was the purchased motivated by the ghouls or influenced by the sexy girl in the corner?

I'm guessing the later. lol

I like his pulp covers better usually but anything drawn by Matt Fox is a dream (or nightmare as the case might be). 

The tree "hands" are just the kind of bizarre touch he put in his covers that you need to carefully look at every strange detail to take it all in.

If the Hobbit or Lord of the Rings had been a comic strip at the time he would have been my choice of artist to illustrate Tolkien.

On May 6, 2017 at 2:06 PM, X_Phile said:

Arrived today. 

2017-05-06-0001.jpg

He's being taken down from the gallows. It's a view of the other side. What a weird cover. My favorite of the Fox covers. Love the hand trees. Nice looking copy. Congrats. 

On 5/6/2017 at 1:09 PM, N e r V said:

I like his pulp covers better usually but anything drawn by Matt Fox is a dream (or nightmare as the case might be). 

The tree "hands" are just the kind of bizarre touch he put in his covers that you need to carefully look at every strange detail to take it all in.

If the Hobbit or Lord of the Rings had been a comic strip at the time he would have been my choice of artist to illustrate Tolkien.

Yeah, I don't think his pulp covers get enough love. If they were comics they would go for big bucks but because they are pulps, they are still real cheap. I was lucky enough to stumble into a bunch of them at a flea market a couple weeks ago. Here are a few examples.

pulpweirdtalesmarch_zpskx6oz5ag.jpg

pulpweirdtalesjan_zpsyffnwgzc.jpg

pulpweirdtalesmay_zpsyn0bsya5.jpg

On May 8, 2017 at 10:34 AM, Robot Man said:

Yeah, I don't think his pulp covers get enough love. If they were comics they would go for big bucks but because they are pulps, they are still real cheap. I was lucky enough to stumble into a bunch of them at a flea market a couple weeks ago. Here are a few examples.

pulpweirdtalesmarch_zpskx6oz5ag.jpg

pulpweirdtalesjan_zpsyffnwgzc.jpg

pulpweirdtalesmay_zpsyn0bsya5.jpg

Im going to break ranks and add one more Matt Fox cover that is among my favourites of his then I'll let it go...

image.jpeg.c2286070441a09a6ad667b19dff188ce.jpeg

He did outstanding and weird space fantasy too.

This has a unicorn in it so my GF is a fan as well. :wink:

1 hour ago, Robot Man said:

I wouldn't have him picked for that one. So used to the weird monster guys.

I don't think many would fault us for breaking the ranks. Here's a few more...

pulpweirdtalesnov_zpsf1n116gp.jpg

Robot, I've never seen this one before-when was it published, before or after Chilling 13? Looks like he swiped himself; I'm curious which was first.

1 hour ago, IngelsFan said:

Robot, I've never seen this one before-when was it published, before or after Chilling 13? Looks like he swiped himself; I'm curious which was first.

The pulp is from 1949.