• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, The-Collector said:

Outside of the annual this is hands down my favourite cover in the run:

Scan617201875119_001.jpg.864b2fd920335707e7716457f8a370b2 (1).jpg

Very nice! I just finished up my run of Voodoo with #2. I got this one very early on so I don't remember it being real tough. One of the better covers in the run. Congrats!

4 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Very nice! I just finished up my run of Voodoo with #2. I got this one very early on so I don't remember it being real tough. One of the better covers in the run. Congrats!

In your opinion which issue was hardest to find?

3 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

#2 for me. But having the Baker art in it didn't help much. I got most of them when people didn't care much about pch. I've had 3 annuals. 

7, 10,14,15 seems to be difficult to find. Especially a decent 15

16 minutes ago, retrocomics said:

Yeah, I agree with 14 and 15. #5 and #11 are tough in high grade due to their black covers. I lucked into a nice #5 in an antique store once in nice shape. Replaced a real beater. I still need to upgrade a few of these but glad to be done with them.

comvoodoorun.jpg

comvoodoo5.jpg

comvoodoo7.jpg

comvoodoo8.jpg

comvoodoo11.jpg

comvoodoo19.jpg

37 minutes ago, retrocomics said:

I agree. I lucked into a nice 15 here on the boards, but I don't think I have seen ANY other copy for sale anywhere. Had a 5.0 #7, but sold it. Have not owned the other two, though I have seen a copy or two of each for sale. #13 is also tough. 

54 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

Obviously, the Voodoo annual is also extremely tough - I got one, but it looks like it got hit by a bus...multiple times.

I found the annual pretty easy to find if you have the cash. I think I have owned 3 and a coverless one. I still even have a back cover for one if anybody needs one. 

7 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I found the annual pretty easy to find if you have the cash. I think I have owned 3 and a coverless one. I still even have a back cover for one if anybody needs one. 

I don't think it's quite as tough as people have made it out to be. I have seen more annuals than I have a lot of the individual Voodoo issues. 

1 hour ago, october said:

I agree. I lucked into a nice 15 here on the boards, but I don't think I have seen ANY other copy for sale anywhere. Had a 5.0 #7, but sold it. Have not owned the other two, though I have seen a copy or two of each for sale. #13 is also tough. 

I have a nice 15 and a complete cover for 15 (anyone have a coverless?). 

I have had two 7's (still have one- nice) and a solid 13 (only one I have seen). 

Owned a 7, and a 13, never had a 14 - there was a beat up one for sale somewhere not too long ago though.

Edited by Johnny545

13 minutes ago, Johnny545 said:

I have a nice 15 and a complete cover for 15 that is really nice (anyone have a coverless?). 

I have had two 7's (still have one- nice) and a solid 13 (only one I have seen). 

Owned a 7, and a 13, never had a 14 - there was a beat up one for sale somewhere not too long ago though.

I have a remaindered taped copy that sure could use a cover:baiting: