• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

The Fox story was reprinted in LB Cole's Star imprint, Startling Terror Tales 11. He utilized his earlier spider web design for Suspense 8 as the basis for the STT 11 since it was such a good fit.

7 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

The Fox story was reprinted in LB Cole's Star imprint, Startling Terror Tales 11. He utilized his earlier spider web design for Suspense 8 as the basis for the STT 11 since it was such a good fit.

Oops! Mr. Strange you are correct! I had my Cole spider covers mixed up! :facepalm:

4 hours ago, X_Phile said:

Arrived today. One that I have never owned nor really seen before. 

2018-06-28-0001.jpg

Nice!  I've got a Fox Giant with the guts of the issue, but it is of course missing the cover. As near as I can tell, it's an original story made to look like it's based on a book.

6 hours ago, bronze johnny said:

Fantastic pickup- Congrats!

Is there a more disturbing precode cover ever than this classic suicide cover by Craig? 

Thank you! It certainly belongs in the discussion, at least. I also think it's as top-tier an EC cover as any that get the more traditional recognition as the big guns.