• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Recent Pre-Code Purchases
41 41

22,222 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

For me either this or #20 hard choice...

Lawbreakers Suspense 11 for me. :eek:

24 minutes ago, adamstrange said:

Lawbreakers Suspense 11 for me. :eek:

The thing that makes CSS 17 more disturbing to me is how Craig captures the moment the guy blows his brains out. The severing of the tongues has already happened in LSS 11 and the severer is explaining it in the written caption. We don't have to for CSS 17 - a suicial act is taking place. That's why I find CSS 17 to have the most distubing cover of them all. As for the cover to CSS 20, very disturbing but is open for interpretation. We have a hanging man with his neck snapped. When did it happen? Why? Suicide? Execution? Homicide? All incredibly disturbing covers.

Edited by bronze johnny

2 hours ago, Readcomix said:

Thank you! It certainly belongs in the discussion, at least. I also think it's as top-tier an EC cover as any that get the more traditional recognition as the big guns. 

@Microbia Holy cow I missed my own pun! I really was thinking of the other notorious EC covers -- CSS 20&22, SSS6, etc :roflmao:

58 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

Always wonder what Edger Bergen would think if he saw this cover? Also wonder what Charlie McCarthy would say?

I think Charlie McCarthy would say whatever Edgar Bergen would say. :baiting: :nyah:

6 minutes ago, Jayman said:

I think Charlie McCarthy would say whatever Edgar Bergen would say. :baiting: :nyah:

Depends whether Charlie was speaking for Edgar or Edgar was speaking for Charlie...

7 minutes ago, bronze johnny said:

16 minutes ago, Jayman said:

Depends whether Charlie was speaking for Edgar or Edgar was speaking for Charlie...

IMG_5586.GIF