• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STRANGE TALES #110 Club!
9 9

1,322 posts in this topic

On 1/17/2022 at 7:52 PM, TrevorP24 said:

That's a beautiful raw copy.  I say don't put it in a coffin unless you are going to sell it!  That way you get to see the splash page.

I usually make a nice copy on newsprint of a signed splash and keep it with the slab...its a pretty decent compromise.

On 1/12/2022 at 11:55 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Put in a bid and it will show up in your bids list!  Come on, you know someone else will out bid you so there's no risk.  :banana:

But seriously, I usually just grab the URL and tuck it away and reload the page after the auction is over to see how it turned out.  Note that for ComicLink you don't need the vast majority of the junk after the "?" in the URL.  All you need is the ID.  So for example, the simple URL for this page would be:

https://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?id=1545132

15.2k so far

I have an ST 110 with a couple panels clipped in the 1st couple pages... SO frustrating BUT......

THIS auction appeared on ebay and I thought my wish had been granted.... the first 7 pages all in rough shape but containing the panels I needed.  No Dr Strange pages and 2 of the pages are Ad pages.

I figured it would be easy to win at a low price.

Just to make sure I bid $122.... and I lost.  $164 winning bid.

I guess my mind hasn't adjusted to the new value of comic pages for Key issues. 

When I saw the pages were in bad shape and none contained DS.... I thought it was going to be an easy win.

IMG_9511.jpeg

On 1/12/2022 at 3:06 PM, TrevorP24 said:

I'm gonna go halfway and say 25K.  It's hard to get a benchmark on higher grade copies of this book as recorded sales are few and far between due to the rarity. 

So do I get some sort of award for being the closest to call it?  Perhaps a slow clap?

On 1/31/2022 at 9:24 PM, rabidwolf said:

Hmmmm and a 4.0 I was tracking just went for $6600 on Heritage. albeit a pretty nice front cover but wow.

That is a gorgeous book. Wonder if a boardie got it.  I know several people on here looking for one. 

https://comics.ha.com/itm/silver-age-1956-1969-/strange-tales-110-marvel-1963-cgc-vg-40-off-white-to-white-pages/a/122205-19736.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515