• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HEROES 2014!!! JUNE 20-22

731 posts in this topic

We both know you're a lucky guy. Are you coming to Heroes?
All signs point to yes. I'm putting together a 60-90 book submission that should be ready for the MCS June auction that will give me some nice spendin' cash. :wishluck: It will be a busy month but I'm really pushing to make Hero's and Baltimore this year.

Hey guys, I missed out on the HeroesCon block at the Westin too, however they do have a 'birth-year deal' where you pay full price for your room for the first night and your birth-year for the second, third nights.

1st Night = $180

2nd, 3rd = ex. birth year 1979 = $79 each night

For us it actually worked out much cheaper this way for 4 people.

You can ask for it when reserving or just click the link in their 'Specials' section of the Westin website.

We got an extra couple coming, so I booked another room across the street at the Hilton Center City on their recently posted HeroesCon Rate. I love the Westin, Drink and Draw, and the Art Auction, but I really like having free breakfast which the Westin doesn't have. So I think I'll be giving the extra couple our spot in the Westin Room.

Also I noticed on the Events page that CGC WILL be in attendance at a booth this year, which is convenient as my facilitator took me to the cleaners last year.

6 modern books, no more than two sigs on each book = $70 each.

I think I paid $38 each for 3 commission/sketch books on Sunday directly through a CGC employee from the booth. The employee pretty much said I should only have to pay a witness $5-15 per book if they're walking with me, no more.

I wont do that again, but I wont let it sour me on using a witness/facilitator either. I just look forward to establishing a more positive relationship with another local witness in the future.

Oh, yes. I've got a Batman 400 NM+ for Art Adams and Bernie Wrightson.

and Swamp Thing 1&2 both NM+ for Bernie. Since Neal Adams is doing Philly Cheese instead of Heroes, I'll be getting his sigs a few weeks earlier at WW Atlanta. I just wish Jason Aaron was attending this year so I could have some Thor Variants signed by him and Esad Ribic. I'll be looking for EC raws along with my usual high grade horror and black covers. Last year I had a booth, but this year I just want to enjoy the show!

Holy cow, I'm going to be at a show that Neal Adams ISN'T.

lol

If he sticks to his schedule this will be the only show I attend where he's not there. He's EVERYWHERE!