• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Phantom Stranger #1 (1952)
2 2

185 posts in this topic

The books enjoyed a nice run up (I think they were underpriced before) but I've noticed some copies sitting a bit longer at those higher prices so maybe we've hit price range with more resistance now?

Higher grades (say 6.0 and up) are probably going to continue to climb though.

I am looking for a copy of #4 still and some of my options are a cgc 3.0 at $850.00, a raw 4.5 at $850.00 as well or a cgc 5.0 at $1485.00. There's even more copies now available to me but people seem to be attempting to price the books just to see how much they can push the price (ok, that is kind of much of the market anyway but... hm ).

I guess my point is Phantom Stranger prices are still kind of unstable in the market but it's been interesting to see how many hit the market after the recent price jumps.

Either way it's a dollar for dollar good value in a hard to get series.

Edited by Nerv

The 1 is still very volatile....... the 2-6 segment seem to move quickly at 250+ per point...... the 6 that I just sold could have been sold to 3 other people..... a lot of demand. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

The books enjoyed a nice run up (I think they were underpriced before) but I've noticed some copies sitting a bit longer at those higher prices so maybe we've hit price range with more resistance now?

I am looking for a copy of #4 still and some of my options are a cgc 3.0 at $850.00, a raw 4.5 at $850.00 as well or a cgc 5.0 at $1485.00. There's even more copies now available to me but people seem to be attempting to price the books just to see how much they can push the price (ok, that is kind of much of the market anyway but... hm ).

I guess my point is Phantom Stranger prices are still kind of unstable in the market but it's been interesting to see how many hit the market after the recent price jumps.

take the 4.5 at 850

Eh, it's on my bucket list (which is really,really long :o ) for now. I actually need #2-5 since I'm trapped with my #1 and 6 bookends still. Issue #4 is my favourite cover in the run. I think because Overstreet or someone had it in one of their cover galleries many years ago and that had an impression on me.

There's actually many more copies I've seen than those three I was just using them as an example.

I consider myself very lucky for making the bidding effort on comiclink in 2014 for my poor old 4.0 copy of issue #1 with OW/W pages. Just wished I paid attention sooner to this title.

It was only three years ago that I picked up this #2 on the floor of SDCC for $250. Even then I snapped it up in a heartbeat as it was the best deal on one of these I had ever seen. I'd been looking for a #1 for years and never found one at a reasonable price. Great series!

163466.jpg.4e02b48b070eead410e7ab7c2ad8377d.jpg

take the 4.5 at 850

Agreed.

I would love to upgrade my copies of issues 4 & 5, which grade out at 4.5 and 2.5 respectively. With current pricing and copies available for sale, I can't seem to find anything I like.

PS can still be found for a fair price.

I just picked up a decent raw #4 in the wild at a LCS. Nice mid-grade appearance, but tanning page edges, and a four pinhole bug chews on the spine, at least a VG/F. It was half the cheapest copy on ebay.

I just moved but will scan once I get my scanner back up.

I have an undercopy to sell now. I'm going to struggle coming up with FMV for a low grade raw copy of issue 5.

Edited by piper

I have an undercopy to sell now. I'm going to struggle coming up with FMV for a low grade raw copy of issue 5.

Congrats for picking up an upgrade to issue 5. I just love the green cover and to grab one in a 5.0 is a great find!

How low grade is it ? GOD BLESS....

I'll post scans but around a 2.5.

I bet you could get 400 for it real quick....... more if you have the luxury of patience.... GOD BLESS...

..... you've been working on these Phantom Strangers for as long as I've known you, which is a while. Congrats on your progress....

I bet you could get 400 for it real quick....... more if you have the luxury of patience.... GOD BLESS...

..... you've been working on these Phantom Strangers for as long as I've known you, which is a while. Congrats on your progress....

:grin: I'm always looking to upgrade!

Sqeggs just listed 3 of his undercopies in the Sales Forum...... the 2 is especially pretty. GOD BLESS...

Thanks jimjum. If you hadn't posted this I probably wouldn't have grabbed his copy of #4. (thumbs u

My bookends now have a center. :headbang: