• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man of Steel down to 66% on Rotten Tomatoes...

167 posts in this topic

I'm more curious to see how many people on the boards are rooting for it to fail vs. how many are rooting for it to do well.

Judging from the number of threads referring back to rotten tomatoes, I'd say more people want to see it fail.

big marvel fan here, hope it's a huge hit---i pull for all the s'hero movies, regardless of publishing heritage.

(thumbs u (thumbs u (thumbs u

I think we keep checking Rotten Tomatoes because we worry about too many bad reviews hurting the box office take, which can inhibit the future production of MOS sequels and, yes, a JLA film.

I think we all want to see MOS succeed. This has got to be one of the most anticipated superhero films ever.

I'm more curious to see how many people on the boards are rooting for it to fail vs. how many are rooting for it to do well.

Judging from the number of threads referring back to rotten tomatoes, I'd say more people want to see it fail.

I want it to be the best superhero movie ever! I'm trying to keep my hopes down though. The numbers are not good.

will DC please keep Snyder away from any future movie ventures

They've already greenlit him on a sequel. I'm thinking that means they already know it's a FANTASTIC superhero film. Not a fantastic film, but a great one for the genre. If it's at least as good as 300 was, I'll likely see it twice. :headbang:

They've already greenlit him on a sequel. I'm thinking that means they already know it's a FANTASTIC superhero film. Not a fantastic film, but a great one for the genre. If it's at least as good as 300 was, I'll likely see it twice. :headbang:

Twice?! I've seen 300 multiple times over the years, and do not get bored. I have a feeling the Man of Steel will fall into the same viewing category.

:whee:

Twice?! I've seen 300 multiple times over the years, and do not get bored. I have a feeling the Man of Steel will fall into the same viewing category.

:whee:

Same with regards to 300. I'm aware of how unrealistic and grossly exaggerated the film is. The mutant blob-guy with the razor blade arms beheading Xerxes's commanders is insanely and distractingly dumb. The costuming and extreme muscling of the Spartan warriors was over the top. I could list a few dozen of the other complaints people could have about that film, but I won't, because I don't care--that film was a giant heap of machismo win. :banana: Gerard Butler and his majestic beard growling spectacularly at everyone in the film. :cloud9: Michael Fassbender lopping that commander's arm off. :cloud9: The slo-mo fighting sequences. :cloud9: "THIS...IS....SPARTA!" :cloud9: Cheesy? Yes. Awesome? COMPLETELY. Not worthy of critical praise, but thoroughly viscerally satisfying--and that's what I'm hoping for from Man of Steel. I'm a fan of the Snyder. :headbang:

300-movie-still-wallpaper.jpg

300-Movie-Publicity-Still-300-222372_1400_738.jpg

Here is what I think about the reviewing critics, in at least three "bad" reviews I read they refer to Metropolis as being a stand in for NYC. Anyone who has read the comics knows that its not. (Toronto and Cleveland being the amalgamation that I am familiar with) The ONLY reason you would think that Metropolis is NYC is because in Donner's Superman the Movie we see the Statue of Liberty. That lets me know that these reviewers only frame of reference for Superman was the other movies. Seeing as this movie completely breaks from them and is more comic like, of course the reviewers aren't going to like it. They think that the way Christopher Reeves was is the only way to play superman. Whatever. I am still stoked to see it and hope it makes a pile of money.

Here is what I think about the reviewing critics, in at least three "bad" reviews I read they refer to Metropolis as being a stand in for NYC. Anyone who has read the comics knows that its not. (Toronto and Cleveland being the amalgamation that I am familiar with) The ONLY reason you would think that Metropolis is NYC is because in Donner's Superman the Movie we see the Statue of Liberty. That lets me know that these reviewers only frame of reference for Superman was the other movies. Seeing as this movie completely breaks from them and is more comic like, of course the reviewers aren't going to like it. They think that the way Christopher Reeves was is the only way to play superman. Whatever. I am still stoked to see it and hope it makes a pile of money.

:applause: