• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Man of Steel down to 66% on Rotten Tomatoes...

167 posts in this topic

Not exactly - I hated the first two Nolan Batmans, so I didn't waste my life watching the latest one.

What!?!? You hated the first two Nolan Batman films but likes Rises better :o I'm the opposite, but enjoyed all three

Re-read what he said -- sounds to me as if he said he skipped seeing "Rises" entirely.

He did.

(thumbs u

Begins and Rises were entertaining but forgettable to me. The Dark Knight though stands as the best comic book flick ever made. Looking forward to MoS today.

Begins is an excellent movie and "beginning" to Batman IMO.

Much better then Burton's "Batman", I could watch Batman Begins again and again.... "Batman", I just fast forward to certain parts.

You know what, I do too! I've seen Begins probably about 8x already.. Actually saw it last weekend while it was on FX.. Still can never get tired of it. Had such a good story and plot.

I rule the roost of Sucker Punch loathing. :whee:

BTW, I tried to watch 300 again last night. I got bored at about 1:20 and quit. Spent 4 real dollars on it too. :mad:

Visually, Sucker Punch is amazing. Story-wise, I found it too depressing to be a movie I would watch again completely.

Now on that 300 DVD. :takeit:

Yes Sucker Punch is a tragedy, but you need to focus on general theme that sometimes it takes a group to sacrifice so that one escapes to carry on the message. One does escape - perhaps not the one most deserving, but one who was willing to sacrifice a bit.

Maybe 300 and Sucker Punch aren't that far apart in overall message.

One awesome part of Sucker Punch is how Baby Doll alters her surroundings more and more as the movie progresses,and things become much richer and upscale as she immerses herself, even when she returns to "the reality" of her current situation.

I find Sucker Punch to be very potent with message at so many levels. My wife and I bought our own copy, and are on about our eighth viewing.

Dude, I can never tell if you're serious about Sucker Punch. Can we really have such diametrically opposed opinions?? lol:foryou:

:shrug:

That doesn't help me! lol

What I wrote was how I feel. :)

I'm gonna give it another shot then. I tried 300 last night and couldn't get all the way through it for boredom. Maybe I'll have better luck with Sucker Punch.

I'm gonna give it another shot then. I tried 300 last night and couldn't get all the way through it for boredom. Maybe I'll have better luck with Sucker Punch.

It is a seriously complex tapestry of a movie. I seriously hope you enjoy it. I get more out of it with every viewing.

It is a seriously complex tapestry of a movie. I seriously hope you enjoy it. I get more out of it with every viewing.

I wouldn't count on it. I'm still convinced it's literally the worst movie I've ever suffered through. Strange world...

Wow! I thought 300 was an awesome movie.