• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your GA storage!

109 posts in this topic

So I'm bringing this thread back to life to see if anyone wants to have some fun day dreaming and give me some ideas/concepts.

I've lived in the heart of the city in the same condo for the last 18 years, but as my son approaches his 1st birthday, my wife and I are finally putting the pieces in place to move to suburbia. After a few months of searching and being utterly disgusted by what $(you don't want to know) gets you in our part of the country, we're taking a different tact. In the past few weeks, I've purchased a very desirable plot of land, engaged a respected builder, and have been refining the plans for where I keep telling V I will want to live until I die ... to which she replies, "that can definitely be arranged."

I've allowed my wife to make the majority of decisions, but what will be an insanely large basement is all mine. That means a lot of things, a bar, billiards, a gym, maybe a small wine cellar, a playroom (well not all mine), but first and foremost it means, no more closet storage, fancy cabinets built into a multi-purpose room, or attempts to make a small office or extra bedroom home to my collection. This time I'm doing it right. Dedicated, spacious and secure and literally built from the ground up to house comics.

So let's have at it (or don't and let this page fall into the bowels of the forum that I dragged it out of). Sky is actually far from the limit, but I'd love your input. I'll start with this.

Entry

you're telling me they won't do free shipping on this to increase potential buyers :insane:

I've purchased a very desirable plot of land, engaged a respected builder, and have been refining the plans for where I keep telling V I will want to live until I die ... to which she replies, "that can definitely be arranged."

Yes, designing a house can be a real test of one's marriage, lol! We did the same thing, buying land and having the construction of a custom built house back in 1991.

This is part of my den;

zldpc2.jpg

o77zae.jpg

e5prhk.jpg

2zrnfk3.jpg

So I'm bringing this thread back to life to see if anyone wants to have some fun day dreaming and give me some ideas/concepts.

I've lived in the heart of the city in the same condo for the last 18 years, but as my son approaches his 1st birthday, my wife and I are finally putting the pieces in place to move to suburbia. After a few months of searching and being utterly disgusted by what $(you don't want to know) gets you in our part of the country, we're taking a different tact. In the past few weeks, I've purchased a very desirable plot of land, engaged a respected builder, and have been refining the plans for where I keep telling V I will want to live until I die ... to which she replies, "that can definitely be arranged."

I've allowed my wife to make the majority of decisions, but what will be an insanely large basement is all mine. That means a lot of things, a bar, billiards, a gym, maybe a small wine cellar, a playroom (well not all mine), but first and foremost it means, no more closet storage, fancy cabinets built into a multi-purpose room, or attempts to make a small office or extra bedroom home to my collection. This time I'm doing it right. Dedicated, spacious and secure and literally built from the ground up to house comics.

So let's have at it (or don't and let this page fall into the bowels of the forum that I dragged it out of). Sky is actually far from the limit, but I'd love your input. I'll start with this.

Entry

I'd go with the room hidden behind a bookcase. I suppose you could put the vault door behind it...

Thanks guys, all good stuff. I was kidding about the vault door, but do like the hidden entry idea. I'll probably try to recreate the system I started this thread with but want to make it a really special room that has no other purpose.

And yes I know this is going to be a major undertaking but I know we will be ok... we have to be, the wife is a divorce lawyer! doh!

Behold, for a mere $50,000, the Basement of the Elder Scrolls!

I'd go with the room hidden behind a bookcase. I suppose you could put the vault door behind it...

BQnlSnS.jpgvKQnoSF.jpg

ok so it's not hidden....

it used to be an actual closet, but the previous home owner claimed the space to put in a 1/2 bath but left a closet that is only about 4 inches deep with little shelves. Seemed perfect!