• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show me your GA storage!

109 posts in this topic

Shelves sturdy enough to hold the weight of full boxes?

I'd be more concerned about the structural integrity of the floor. I still remember Flaming Telepath sharing pictures of his warehouse and another Boardie calculating the weight and predicting doom -- which did indeed occur within a week of the shelves being loaded up.

found this at ikea and thought it was kinda cool, I dont own much books but it fits our needs

*note* the photo made of me and my wife as batman and harley quinn

1003106_632492030111851_103041716_n_zps4708f969.jpg

That really looks great. I may get one of those for my GA books.

I'd be more concerned about the structural integrity of the floor. I still remember Flaming Telepath sharing pictures of his warehouse and another Boardie calculating the weight and predicting doom -- which did indeed occur within a week of the shelves being loaded up.

Ouch! Good cautionary tale! Do you have a link to that thread? :)

Ouch! Good cautionary tale! Do you have a link to that thread? :)

Too long ago and I'm not sure what search words would find it. PM Flaming Telepath as I'm pretty sure he remembers!

An old wardrobe turned into a storage and display space. Closing the doors keeps the light out off the books.

comic_room_zps96b6a476.jpg

Wow, that great stuff AJD! Very organized and an awesome view that must make you smile every time you open those doors. That's the one thing my storage is missing ... you open the doors and there is a wall of white boxes, but there is nothing on display. Gonna have to work on that! :/

Anyway, thank you for sharing!

Right now I'm going for an out of sight, but not out of reach thing ... or maybe it's my wife who set some ground rules when we bought the house ... who knows! Anyway, here's a look inside the two lefthand cabinets.

inside.jpg

Are these modular units that are screwed into a wall or are they built into a wall? They look pretty nice.

Ok first of all Steve, that's SICK! Thanks for sharing! Can't tell you how many times I've considered one of those Liberty Safes! I've got a ton of those Archie animation cells, original art and much of the paraphernalia as well. Event have that Sugar Crisp cereal box from '69, never assembled - bought with all the other Archie stuff this guy had who wrote a book on cereal box collectables through the decades.

Seriously ... Awesome!