• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Six-Gun Gorilla

125 posts in this topic

I am guessing a lot of people have tuned out because of the title. My LCS still has 10-15 #1's siting on the shelf. I think this or Five Ghosts are my favorite comic right now. I actually think East of West is the "best of 2013" so far but i enjoy the other 2 a little moe. Just personal preference. The scope of EOW seems incredible right now. But there is just something about a Bad@&$ Gorilla blowing people's heads off.

Okay so I just sent back 3 more beater copies of #1 to Midtown, and of course, they said they are out now. I have 2 that are really nice that I bought off the shelf, and 2 more beaters that came from MCS. I can't win on this book.

Okay so I just sent back 3 more beater copies of #1 to Midtown, and of course, they said they are out now. I have 2 that are really nice that I bought off the shelf, and 2 more beaters that came from MCS. I can't win on this book.

I just came from the downtown Midtown Comics location and grabbed 4 NM+ copies off the shelf. There are at least 12 more copies (about 4 NM) on the shelf at that location. Not sure which store they grab their copies from for online orders though.

Loving Six Gun Gorilla! The only 2013 title I've added to my pull list. My only complaint with the series is that I find Jeff Stokely's art far superior to Perez's cover art. His work should be showcased on the front.

I just came from the downtown Midtown Comics location and grabbed 4 NM+ copies off the shelf. There are at least 12 more copies (about 4 NM) on the shelf at that location. Not sure which store they grab their copies from for online orders though.

I might need to talk to you then if I want a couple more nice copies shipped properly. I've just about lost all hope with online retailers.

I am finding this series to be very entertaining. I have to admit when i first saw the title i did the "eye roll" figuratively. But i have really enjoyed it and according to Boom's website it is ongoing.

Same, same. But it is well written and I'm enjoying it immensely.

The covers don't give you any idea about what happens in the story itself. I think they could have sold it better with a few more details. That Being said, this is a quality story so far that I would recommend to anybody willing to take a chance on something a LOT different.

I might need to talk to you then if I want a couple more nice copies shipped properly. I've just about lost all hope with online retailers.

Let me know. Don't mind helping a boardie out.

Thanks buddy! Now if only I could actually make some money at my job.............what a concept.

When's the next Gorilla out?

10 days or so ?

And am I the only one still reading this... :sorry:

I was told this is now an ongoing - as said earlier in this thread. Anyone know if its a yes/no?

It's great!

I'm almost certain (almost.. lol ) that I read on here it was now an ongoing - hope so anyway!

Good to see another Gorilla lover.. oh. :o

According to Jeff Stokely, the series is still a mini. Forget where I read this, but I would love for it to become an ongoing. After Chew and Saga, this is my favorite read every month.

Quite the compliment. I have some others I would throw in with that but I really do like this book. Its at the upper portion of the stack for me too.

Still labelled as a mini.

It will be interesting to see if the end 2 issues are drawn out, as if so, maybe a switch to ongoing may be on the cards.

As long as the integrity of the story is intact, then I would be OK with that, even if, as said above #4 was probably slightly weaker than the rest.