• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Six-Gun Gorilla

125 posts in this topic

Walked into a comic shop today. While looking through the dollar bins found a SDCC Variant and the RI variant...... He said no one showed interest in the book. I laughed and gladly took them from him for $1 each.

Walked into a comic shop today. While looking through the dollar bins found a SDCC Variant and the RI variant...... He said no one showed interest in the book. I laughed and gladly took them from him for $1 each.

He shoots, he scores lol

20130731-132105.jpg

20130731-132131.jpg

Sorry for the crappy low Rez phone shots but here they are.

I have had a good run over the past 10 days. He also had the Suicide Risk Retailer Variant and Superbia Long Beach Comic Con Variant, as well as a Dungeons and Dragon's Hastings variant

all for cover or less. Had spent my cash already and only had $2 in my pocket but plan to make a special trip back.

Great steal! I would be going back weekly to see what else I could find in those buck bins. Why the guy would put a SDCC variant (or the other variant) in a $1 bin is beyond me. What has been like two weeks since SDCC? I take it this shop owner has never heard of the fleabay. Again, congrats.

Great steal! I would be going back weekly to see what else I could find in those buck bins. Why the guy would put a SDCC variant (or the other variant) in a $1 bin is beyond me. What has been like two weeks since SDCC? I take it this shop owner has never heard of the fleabay. Again, congrats.

To be honest the shop owner is not there much and he has some kid who thinks he is a big wig running the place. The kid didn't know/didn't care and said that they haven't sold any of the regular copies. Had 10 sitting on the shelf. Told him I would take them for a buck each too. They move a lot of back issues and buy stuff constantly so it could just have been something they bought and threw in the dollar bins.

Bought and read the second issue and I'm still intrigued. I find the Gorilla interesting because his motivation is a bit bizarre especially at the end when our main character is facing an entire Gray Army by himself for really no making of his own.

The new love interest is cool too. I love strong women!

Hope this series has legs. (thumbs u

Bought and read the second issue and I'm still intrigued. I find the Gorilla interesting because his motivation is a bit bizarre especially at the end when our main character is facing an entire Gray Army by himself for really no making of his own.

Not sure how the Gorilla will escape this. Onward #3!

Not sure how the Gorilla will escape this. Onward #3!

I thought the Gorilla was long gone at the end of #2. Wasn't the main character the one who was in trouble here?

I am finding this series to be very entertaining. I have to admit when i first saw the title i did the "eye roll" figuratively. But i have really enjoyed it and according to Boom's website it is ongoing.

Same, same. But it is well written and I'm enjoying it immensely.

Very unpredictable series (which I love). My mind keeps being blown!

I'm not exactly sure why but Dora is my favorite characters so far.

Because of the tough girl, in your face attitude? Or because she gets nekid in issue #2? ^_-

lol

It could be the later that some how influenced my decision. hm She is just an all around strong and bold character. She seems very confident and independent, which I admire.

Originally, I thought the gorilla would be the protagonist. He hasn't had as large of a roll as I initially thought he would. Not complaining though :)

I am guessing a lot of people have tuned out because of the title. My LCS still has 10-15 #1's siting on the shelf. I think this or Five Ghosts are my favorite comic right now. I actually think East of West is the "best of 2013" so far but i enjoy the other 2 a little moe. Just personal preference. The scope of EOW seems incredible right now. But there is just something about a Bad@&$ Gorilla blowing people's heads off.