• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Six-Gun Gorilla

125 posts in this topic

Yep, I need to snag a couple more # 1's I think before they go bye-bye. I ordered 2 from MCS a few weeks ago and both were 9.0 or worse-not shipping damage. I am losing faith in buying online anymore. I can't see how an 8.0 copy of a book gets out as a NM. I don't care how many books you ship out each day. There needs to be much better QC at these online retailers.

it wasn't, trust me. I bought 2 off the shelf at my LCS-both 9.6 or better. Some copies had minor ticks, but the 2 I got from MCS were totally . One had cover scrapes all over it. The other had major spine stress and two major corner folds.

If the numbers are good enough I could see this becoming an ongoing. As mentioned, such as large world has already been created. In just two issues I am blown away by how much of this world is introduced while at the same time still keeping it interesting. That is difficult to do.

Any chance of becoming an ongoing?

I thought it was a mini but I just went to Boom! Studios website and it says it's an ongoing. hm

Boom!

Apparently it IS an ongoing now - you quoted that... :screwy:

Yea, Boom! and Midtown list is as an ongoing now. Similar to Five ghosts from Image, the covers are already done for the issues up to #6 probably so they will still say 2 of 6, and so on till they actuallu surpass that number.

On the topic of ordering a couple more from Midtown, I think I might call them and tell them I'm not playing anymore with online shenanigans :pullhair:. I will ask them nicely to video record the selection of my books and send me the video. If I am pleased with said selection we can move into the payment process. :idea:

Ya but it seems too early for a publishing company to be turning a mini into an ongoing. Don't ya think? 1 issue in with less than 8K. Just seems strange is all. Once I see a another site mention it I will believe it but for now I'm just considering it a mini.

Ya but it seems too early for a publishing company to be turning a mini into an ongoing. Don't ya think? 1 issue in with less than 8K. Just seems strange is all. Once I see a another site mention it I will believe it but for now I'm just considering it a mini.

It was a long term comic strip - every website says its now ongoing.

I'm not getting your constant contradiction noob?

It was a long term comic strip - every website says its now ongoing.

I'm not getting your constant contradiction noob?

No reason to call people names noob

Nah - its all in jest mate!

Well it is at my end.. (shrug)