• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coupon filled out effect on grade?

40 posts in this topic

Check the ink Overspray thread. They put one with a big black ink stain on both covers in a 9.6.

Overspray is a different animal. Not to mention it was on a Rocky Mountain.

Just called CGC, a grader said it wont affect the grade. It just may matter if the graders are on the fence between grades they might drop it down.

So, again, it looks like the grading opinions on this forum are worth what you paid for them = zero! :baiting:

Then get back to selling your "Would Be Highest Grade" books and stop asking questions.

Ahhh, so when they are deciding between 8.5 and 9.0 they'll probably go with 8.5 :baiting:

Nah. It's a 9.4. It says so in the first post.

Work on your comprehension. :makepoint:

Actually, with some of the books i've seen graded lately, it might be :facepalm:

If that book gets placed in a 9.4 slab, I'll eat a booger.

Please god give this man a 9.4! :wishluck:

Just called CGC, a grader said it wont affect the grade. It just may matter if the graders are on the fence between grades they might drop it down.

So, again, it looks like the grading opinions on this forum are worth what you paid for them = zero! :baiting:

Uh, no. That's not correct. Clearly there was a miscommunication on your part. :grin:

Check the ink Overspray thread. They put one with a big black ink stain on both covers in a 9.6.

Overspray is a different animal. Not to mention it was on a Rocky Mountain.

I agree. That falls under production/distributor considerations - beyond the collector's control.

I can't believe CGC wouldn't grade down for scribbling on a front or back cover.

Please, please send it in. If it comes back 9.4 or better I'll pay for the grading.

I simply do not believe that. I'll pose the question in ASK CGC - perchance they will respond.

Please, please send it in. If it comes back 9.4 or better I'll pay for the grading.

It won't affect the grade on a 4.9 . . . lol:insane:

A coupon filled out on an interior page may not affect the grade, but on the back cover it would knock a 9.4 book down significantly. 7.5-8.0 would be about right.

You obviously don't have a clue about CGC's grading practices.

A coupon filled out on an interior page may not affect the grade, but on the back cover it would knock a 9.4 book down significantly. 7.5-8.0 would be about right.

He's been gone a while. Things have changed.

He's been gone a while. Things have changed.

I hear they give 9.8's on MAD Magazines with the Fold-In page creased.

I will share the grading cost with you if it does

You guys are more entertaining than a Marvel Hollywood movie… lol

Not quite as entertaining as a DC one though ;)

:whee:

Nah. The entertainment on this forum is worth what you paid for it = zero!

Nah. The entertainment on this forum is worth what you paid for it = zero!

Sometimes I'd like a refund :baiting: